What to do with a few minutes? Find silver, of course.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I went back to my old 1800's farm site deep in the woods on Sunday and endured three hours of snow squalls/sun/snow squalls/sun you get the picture. The snow was coming down in little round pellets and covering the ground quickly. Then, the sun would come out and it would be very comfortable and the snow would just disappear. Unfortunately, my efforts failed to pay off there - again :BangHead:. I go out thinking, "Today is going to be the day," and it almost never is. I've found a large cent, two Indian head pennies and a silver Rosey (hunter/hiker drop) but not what I'm really after: old silver or better. I did get some good exercise and three hours of peace, so I can't complain too much.
Yesterday was a fabulous day in Western PA; sunny, in the mid-60's, wonderful! Late in the day, I hit Miss halfdime some fly balls, but I snuck in a quick hunt across the street before picking up the kids from school. This was my reward for a good day of "real" yard work; after adding on in the last eight months, it's time to put things back together out there! You can only be out there so long before the Sirens start calling and you grab the detector and go. The soil is very moist, which always makes for better detecting and easy digging. Late in the hunt, I got a nice quarter signal and wasn't disappointed when I dug; at about five inches, I could see silver in the hole and hoped it would be just a little bit older. I found a puddle nearby and was able to wash enough dirt off to see the eagle on the back. A more thorough cleansing revealed the 1941.

Attachments

• infamy (Small).jpg
    infamy (Small).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 967
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice quarter man.

Yeah the weather was awesome yesterday. I didn't get out though. Wnted to but wanted to detail my car to. Was gonna get out today but rains came.

HH Jer

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Mel Fisher said "Today is the day" many times before he became one of the richest treasure hunters out there. Keep plugging away ;D

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old place is a mystery Henry. There just HAS to be more in the ground there.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Kiros32 said:
That old place is a mystery Henry. There just HAS to be more in the ground there.
You know it! That's why I can't give up, but I do like to walk away with something other than a lead ball. I still think there's another privy somewhere, too. You know how much effort has gone in there, but there are still uncleared areas. There are still stones in and close to the foundation that might be hiding something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions