MEGA ROLL, just keeps on ROLLIN!!!!!

D

dugupfinds

Went out to the same field for 2hrs today and had the following:

5 Roman bronze coins - Best one pictured is a Commemorative issue minted in Trier Germany of Constantine I 333-334AD (a variation that I needed for the growing album)
3 - 17th century Buttons - 1 pewter Civil War type
Victorian Watch Winder
Roman bronze steel yard weight HOOK (A First!)
Neolithic Flint Scraper Blade - 7000BC (Found a number on this field)
and........ ELIZABETH I 1572 - SIXPENCE

When will it end, who cares keep diggin!!!

TINPAN - The secret is the Flag system, 2 flags at each end of the field with a pole in the middle & systematically cover the ground whilst moving the flags over as markers. It's not normally this successful but I'm living it large this year. Also I tend to do plough fields although I have had good stuff from pasture as well.

Attachments

• heads.JPG
    heads.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 614
  • tails.JPG
    tails.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 626
  • hook.JPG
    hook.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 582
  • flint.JPG
    flint.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

riverseeker

Oct 11, 2006
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Hey, It's just not fair. I'm at work and your on a honey hole! Nice finds man!

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1
Wow, roman coins, that has to be great to find coins that old. I dont think the romans were in N.W. Ohio but you never know. I mean they were everywhere else. I'll keep lookin

Congrats

Ted

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I feel ya Ted...sometimes with the metallic history of the U.S. went a little further back. I just tell myself hey, you never know. I have Roman coins that I have bought. What if my kids lose those while playing outside? Maybe someday someone will find them with a metal detector. Not that I would let kids take 'em outside (I don't even have kids yet) but ya never know!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug.....FANTASTIC finds!!!!!!!! I drool every time I look at your posts...absolutely incredible..:) Looks like you found an awesome honey hole...keep hitting it again and again. HH!!!! :):):)

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Guess where I'm going after work today?

Post you later, I hope!!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi digupfinds ,congrats your finds, thank for the info but red coats waving english flags in well record in official history and the outcome of such events
is there too ;D ;D ;D As you would say" not my cup of tea"Nice flint andi to have found such items but law here does not allow you to keep them and some age up to 30,000 years.google KOW SWAMP, every interesting info.just got another question for you does the UK still have "public ways" through private land.Are you going to Mcdonalds after work ;D ;D ;D

here a pic of a up to 30,000 year old tool

You best fan imfamous tinpan

Attachments

• relic before time.jpg
    relic before time.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 406
  • relic before time.jpg
    relic before time.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Yes you have public footpaths on Private Land but the by-laws stop digging in such areas. So you can swing a detector but you can't dig!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug.....after work??? hell, for finds like that I would blow off work for at least a few days....:):):) (which I do alot and explains why my wife is P.O.'d at me alot, gotta start selling some of my finds to justify to her my time put in...:) ) Good luck and am eagerly looking forward to your posts and seeing what ya find there today. HH!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread