Park Hunt, Hot Wheels and Gold

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My job involves driving all over central Florida installing T-1s, DSL's and POTS, any time I pass a park or spot that looks interesting to detect I will put a tag on my GPS map program so I can find it later.

Today since my wife had to work tonight, I took my detector with me this morning and stopped at a park in a lower income area I had tagged. I didn't find a lot as I had to leave after about an hour or so for safety reason (mine) as it was getting dark, but not before I found some change, a hotwheels car and a small gold ladies ring. I can't find a mark on it, so i took a sharp metal probe and made a tiny scratch on the inside top, scratch was tiny but deep and it still was gold, but it is kinda soft so I would think its 14-18K. Not much but still something. ;D I found everything including the ring in a volleyball sand court.

I plan on returning during the middle of a week day when it is a little safer. When I decided to leave there were about 5 or 6 15-20 year old boys sitting watching me and whispering.

DSC01842.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

Upvote 0

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. I do all that locally myself. I use google though. Don't have the fancy schmancy stuff. I like lower income tot lots and playgrounds, because, no kid these days is too poor to afford a 1/4 or 1/10 or even jewelry. I figure no one detects the lower income sections. I usually find a bunch of clad, but, not bling. Just my thoughts.

Laater

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Trust me. ;D

If they're sitting there watching you and whispering, in that age group, they ain't talkin' about your personality. They're more than likely discussing (1) how much that MD will draw at the pawn shop; (2) how much money you must have in your (rich) pockets (since you can afford that MD); (3) how pretty you are, (and I/they don't care what sex you are.)

Before someone pounces on me for discrimination, take a stroll through your lower income neighborhoods and draw your own conclusions.

Be careful where your GPS takes you, TreasureHunter. ;)

Just pays to be careful these days. -Noodle

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so there is no misunderstanding, it was a mixed group, including white, black and hispanic. I only became concerned when I noticed the amount of whispering going on, it became obvious they did not want me to hear what was being said. Since I was in my company truck, I was not carrying.

The park is 2 blocks from a local middle school and a high school, that is how I found the area to begin with. I just chose to stop on the way home and hunt it.

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1
I have worked the blvds in Detroit over the years and as I learned many years ago from other MD'ists, go before sun up on a sunday morning and be gone by 10 or 11 am. Those old inner city parks and blvds, and the large houses that surround them used to be populated by wealthy business owners, professionals, and in Detroit auto execs. Now of course there are 10 families living in them but in those blvds I have found some of my oldest finds.
The key is keep your head on a swivel and be careful.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just flash a big a#$ SHARP diggin tool once in a while and really give'um something to whisper about

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah almost forgot,cool avitar TED MAC DIO ROCKS! MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions