Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I got out of work a little early so I decided to swing by a cellar hole close to home. The only nice thing that came from this site was a pretty Civil War CT seal button. Somethin told me today I better get up there and see what kind of signals I can get with my new machine. And check this out! I thought it was a Condor token, or New Jersey copper at first being that it is the same size as a large copper....but even better! Civil War Dog Tags....Against Rebellion 1861. Using my ancient chinese cleaning secret she polished up pretty good. This is a very exciting find for me....however, I was kind of let down not being able to find a name or initials on the back.....I think they may have been there but I may have destroyed them. This is now one of my all time favorite relics! Thanks for lookin folks!

Attachments

• IMG_6243_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_6243_edited-1.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,749
  • IMG_6244_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_6244_edited-1.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 2,740
  • IMG_6245_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_6245_edited-1.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 2,681
  • IMG_6246_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_6246_edited-1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 2,603
Upvote 5

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find...congrats!!

Attachments

• 1381670_1_l.jpg
    1381670_1_l.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,869

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Sniffy, it does indeed look like it has been stamped with initials and a unit but it is too worn to really make it out. Definitely a worthy and desirable piece to any Civil War relic hunters collection.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find! Got my vote!!!

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is unique and awesome find !

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tennessee digger said:
Sniffy.... what a great find! I'm like Jersey Hunter, how did you get it to clean up so well? Tennessee digger
IT's not that much of a secret....I used hydrogen peroxide....and then RINSED VERY WELL to neutralize.....and then followed up with a dilluted cleaning with CLR and then another thorough rinsing, dried, and then a nice coat of vaseline.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Very Nice Sniffy, it does indeed look like it has been stamped with initials and a unit but it is too worn to really make it out. Definitely a worthy and desirable piece to any Civil War relic hunters collection.
Yes it looks to have been stamped but it's a dag gone shame i can't make any of it out. And it does look very well in my small but growing civil war collection.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all the Banner Nods....but I guess it's not gonna find a spot up there. Oh well...However, this lil puppy will always be on the Banner in my display.

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Awsemome find, That thing is sweeter than going to work on a M :headbang:onday morning!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG sniffy on that banner find :thumbsup:
Sweet find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread