Colonial Copper pocket spill

Lcb24kt

Jan 31, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75, Blisstool, Whites TDI, Whites MXT all pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a jewelry store buying another loop getting ready for a new season of hunting. I mentioned I was buying the loop for coins that I find through metal detecting and an old timer who was in the store struck up a conversation. Seems he was a detectorist from way back. Told me about a spot where a friend of his was pulling some coppers many years back. Decided to check it out. First day was all clad coins. Went back the next day and kept pulling up quarter after quarter. Then i got a quarter signal and a jump into some higher numbers. I found my quarter, ran the pointer in the hole to make sure it was clear. As i was placing the plug back, another quarter fell from the plug. At this point i decided to recheck the hole in case it was a pocket spill. dug a bit deeper and the pointer gave a slight beep I dug down further a few inches and tried the pointer once more and was surprised to find a copper coin. I ran the pointer again and it zero'd in on another copper and then one more. The copper coins were found about 10 inches down. Don't think I'll ever have that happen again a modern spill and a colonial spill in one hole. Finds include a King George II the date is unreadable, a 1769 Hibernia and the 3rd coin has not been identified as of yet.

Attachments

• 3coppers2.jpg
    3coppers2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
that sounds like good fun.
would love to see some pics if you get a chance.
congrats!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been quite a surprise.

Can you see anything at all on the big one you can't ID?

The George II Halfpenny dates 1729-1739.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread