Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am starting to think my wife is liking to detect with me, because she told me to wake her up at 6:30am so we could be at the field site at sunrise to detect 3 hours before she had to work today......hmmmmm, somebody is having fun!!! :laughing7:

We got there before the sun came up, only 3 miles from my house. It was real foggy and we couldn't see much at all when we first got there. She opened up the day with a 1865 indian, about 20 min or so later I also got a 1865 indian myself.

She also found a 1916 wheat, (now the newest coin from this site) a clay marble, another crotal bell, and the front of an old brass padlock.

I found couple buttons, toasted 1863 fatty indian, crusty 1880 indian, but right after that I dug a beautiful 1880 indian, absolutely amazing shape. I am shocked this was dug in a field!!!!! :thumbsup:

But the find of the day for me was a real nice 1867 shield nickel, I have dug a million nickel signals here and FINALLY, I was rewarded with a sweet shield! :hello2:

Do you see the small cut item right above crotal bell in first pic? It is actually an indian penny, no idea why anyone would cut a penny, I tried to clean it, but very corroded, I can see the date....1866, go figure!

1-3.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-3.jpg

Upvote 0
M

MiniMe

Yep, I think your wife is hooked. :headbang: Those are some awesome coins. Looks like a great day. Congratulations on the shield :hello2: I'm partial to the marble. HH!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
The nickel and 2 of those Indian heads look great. Seems like that nickel was date-side up. Wouldn't mind digging one of them some day.
You have a great spot. May dig a few silver out of there, to be sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread