Todays Football Field Finds!

G

giterdone

Today's Football Field Finds!

The weather was a freaky 70 degrees here today and I hit the football field. Been a long time since I detected all day long and My hands are a bit sore. I guess Onion has been here since the only ring was the small bent-up one! The small heart earring is .925 Not pictured was numerous pull tabs, 4 chinstrap snaps, three eraser ends, wire bracelet, clads-3 quarters, 4 dimes, 7 nickels, 15 pennies, one small aluminum washer and some unknowns. I finally got tired of digging junk with my overpriced DFX by getting away from the preset programs and making some of my own about the 50 yard line and started finding nickels which is something I have never been able to do with it. Before I have been plagued by lying icons and digging junk! The pictured finds also came with the new settings. Maybe I will start to like this machine after all. Giterdone

Attachments

• ff3.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Re: Today's Football Field Finds!

Giterdone,

Sorry man I was there just yesterday and found three gold rings and two silver ones!LOL!

Just kidding!

I have had many days like that also but I keep at it! Today I did find a ring it was silver but very small I also found about 6 bucks in clad. If you want to see it I will post it.

Onion

OP
OP
G

giterdone

Hi Onion, yeah I figured you was here! I started in front of the bleachers where the cheerleaders stand and solid pull tabs so I got away from there and walked the one row of hash marks and found all the other stuff. There's alot of this field yet to work. Think I'll save all the clad and buy a BH like the one you got! Learning the DFX variables is for the electronic wizards which I ain't! Getting better though. Giterdone

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

giterdone let me know when you want to get rid of the DFX.
I have the XLT and have been thinking of going to the DFX.

C

Cherokee1955

Hey giterdone I been detecting for the last three days.I have a Whites Mxt and man this thing is driving me crazy trying to figure out all the different sounds and settings.Every Time i think I've began to understand the machine, balance the ground and set the discrimination. I start digging junk again.Over the last 3 days and some nights I have found 75 cents worth of clad two hugh pieces of lead, misc pieces of brass and probably 100 + pulltabs and pieces. Today I went to an area known to have gold nuggets and tried the mxt in prospect mode I didnt dig any targets reading over 40% iron, I found fishing sinkers fishing lures bullets and lots of d$%%!*n pulltabs but no nuggets not even one. I still have the standard 9.5" loop on it,have been told to get the smaller loop and this will help.Happy New Year To All
Sincerely Cherokee

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado

That's why after three days I took the MXT back to the store and said I want a refund.

That detector drove me nuts. It also lied all the time I hate liars!
Onion

OP
OP
G

giterdone

I found a web forum at www.dfxonly.com that has really helped me to understand some things about this machine. Seems like everyone has trouble with the icons lying so I don't feel so bad. Just a few simple adjustments I found did alot of good and tone id is a must. Not ready to give it up yet! Looking forward to a much better finds year in 05. Giterdone

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri

I too went to a football field today.? Found mostly tabs and a handful of clad.? Also a lot of odd things.? I've dug more tabs this past month than I did in the last five years.? But I used to pass by the tabs, which explains why I found very few gold anything.? My New Years Resolution; dig every good signal, and deal with the tabs.? Hopefully this will begin to pay off.? Good luck to all this year.

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI

cpt_kirstov said:
again for those who don't know both shriners and Mcdonalds children charities collect pulltabs they get 1 cent per pulltab. My local shriners has bought multiple big important machines off just these pulltabs. just a thought for all you ho just toss the pulltabs

for more information : http://www.shrinershq.org/shc/springfield/tabcollect.html

I think you bring up a great point... Pull-tabs are the evil of metal detecting -- if there is one. What a great way to be happy about finding pull-tabs!

Save 'em and send them in to help save lives. With the number of pull tabs we find, we can make a hec of a difference.

Garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread