Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman Snakebit: Carved Snakehead, Eagle "I" Cuff Button, & More @ U.S. Camp

The Tenn. Trio was to reunite for our last hunt of the spring at the Ind.-Ohio U.S. infantry Camp today as the clover and grass is rapidly getting too high. Tenn. Josh had to cancel due to working very late last night so Dman and I carried the flag for the Trio and went on without him. It was very warm and humid for March and we hunted 3 hours to recover the relics in the first pic.
It was just a so so hunt for us until we both arrived at our respective homes and cleaned up our finds. Dman called me and said the 2 ring bullet that we thought had just been whittled on was actually carved into a snakehead as shown in the 2nd pic that he emailed me. I was with him about 3 years ago when he dug another one like it at a U.S. patrol site. The one he dug today is a Super nice example of soldier's art as was his fishing sinker from that camp.
My surprise was the little cuff button I dug turned out to be an Eagle “I” Infantry officer’s button as shown in the 3rd pic. This is the first Eagle “I” cuff button any of us has dug there so far and Dman recovered the one and only coat size there. Note the iron “bracket” looking relic on the upper left. It’s from a U.S. Cavalry saddle. They rarely survive ground action and are pictured in Stanley Phillip’s excavated artifact book Supplement 1 on page 60. Although I have dug the brass saddle shield and guide plates, this is the first iron bracket.
We ate lunch at a local restaurant after the hunt. Carrie Underwood and a film crew were making a music video just across the highway on a farm. Of course, Dman thought we should check it out even though we were dirty and sweaty after hunting 3 hours. I told him that Carrie and his many fans would immediately recognize him as the “The most interesting relic hunter in the world” and cause a fuss. Maybe next time-LOL. HH, from Dman and myself.
My 2012 CW relics to date=267

Attachments

• Dman & Q at U.S. Inf. camp 3-19-12.jpg
    Dman & Q at U.S. Inf. camp 3-19-12.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 869
  • Dman\'s Snakehead 3-19-12.jpg
    Dman\'s Snakehead 3-19-12.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 837
  • Quindy\'s Eagfle I Cuff 3-19-12.jpg
    Quindy\'s Eagfle I Cuff 3-19-12.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 962
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dman Snakebit: Carved Snakehead, Eagle "I" Cuff Button, & More @ U.S. Camp

sweet finds!!! :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Th bullet looks like the snack Goldfish lol nice finds!!! :headbang:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Still not a bad hunt considering you weren't there very long. I like the carved bullet. He should have gave it to Carrie. I'll try to call you in the next few days. Tennessee digger

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That snakehead bullet is the first Ive seen, thats pretty cool. Nice find :icon_thumleft:

Feb 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not quite sure if it's a Snake head, a lizard head, or "Mini" the talking minieball, but its a pretty decent days diggin. I like that Eagle I!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

The Tenn duo strikes this time :icon_thumleft:

Nice recoveries and the snake bullet is a personal relic :hello2:

I have the perfect receiver for a bullet as such :laughing7:

No comment :D

Blaze

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Fantastic finds. I love the carved ones. The boys up at DIV are doing well so far too! Ken dug a nice artillery shell today :icon_thumright:

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job fellas!! I guess that you hadda buy lunch Q . Congrats to both of youins.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know I 'bout had a heart attack when I read your e-mail! :violent1: :D Good to see that it was a lead snake and not a real one! :D I just hate that everything is growing over so quickly. :( But..what do ya do? You two have had a terrific season of hunting and I look forward to seeing what you all dig up next. :hello:
Congrats on another great hunt!!
Nana :)

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrats on some more finds! If the heat don't stop you, the grass and weeds will! Nice carved bullet!

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice haul!

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

that is some excellent hunting.i like that bullet.it puts a personal touch on it.hope you might get in some more hunting.you have had a very good year.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Mr Tuff said:
sweet finds!!! :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
Thanks Tuffman and HH, Quindy.
JmCraz8 said:
Th bullet looks like the snack Goldfish lol nice finds!!! :headbang:
It does at that JC. Dman was hungry while we made pics so I guess we were luicky he didn't eat it. HH, Quindy.
tennessee digger said:
Still not a bad hunt considering you weren't there very long. I like the carved bullet. He should have gave it to Carrie. I'll try to call you in the next few days. Tennessee digger
That field will be unhuntable by next week Donnie and the landowner (who you know) told us he was going to drill seed back there so we'll stay oit until fall. I'll check on our burn field. Q.
vadigger89 said:
That snakehead bullet is the first Ive seen, thats pretty cool. Nice find :icon_thumleft:
Some call them snakeheads and some lixards but they are cool VAD. HH, Quindy.
I Dig Relics Hoss said:
Not quite sure if it's a Snake head, a lizard head, or "Mini" the talking minieball, but its a pretty decent days diggin. I like that Eagle I!
Thanks Hoss. For 3 hours in a place that many others and the Trio has pounded, we did OK I guess. HH, Quindy.
johnnyblaze said:
The Tenn duo strikes this time :icon_thumleft:

Nice recoveries and the snake bullet is a personal relic :hello2:

I have the perfect receiver for a bullet as such :laughing7:

No comment :D

Blaze
I bet you do J.B-LOL. HH Bud, The Trio!!!
Woodland Detectors said:
Fantastic finds. I love the carved ones. The boys up at DIV are doing well so far too! Ken dug a nice artillery shell today :icon_thumright:
I heard someone dug a Georgia buckle Mike but I haven't seen a pic Mike. Treasurehound (Randy) sent me a pic of a CS button he dug. HH , Q.
Getty said:
Great job fellas!! I guess that you hadda buy lunch Q . Congrats to both of youins.
Actually Roger, Dman bought lunch as he dug an eagle too. plus it was his turn. One of the 3 bullets I dug was pulled FYI. HH Bud, Quindy.
Nana40 said:
You know I 'bout had a heart attack when I read your e-mail! :violent1: :D Good to see that it was a lead snake and not a real one! :D I just hate that everything is growing over so quickly. :( But..what do ya do? You two have had a terrific season of hunting and I look forward to seeing what you all dig up next. :hello:
Congrats on another great hunt!!
Nana :)
We have been lucky Nana but didn't dig a Block "I" like you did this past winter. MM got all tore up when I sent him an email. He wanted to know what type snake. I couldn't bear to tell him "lead"-LOL. At least, they move slow. Q.
bluehunter1973 said:
Thanks for taking time to look and reply BH. HH from the Trio.
crashbro17x said:
Congrats on some more finds! If the heat don't stop you, the grass and weeds will! Nice carved bullet!
Unfortunately, you are correct CB. We sprayed for ticks but I didn't have any and Dman didn't say anything about getting any off either. HH, Quindy.
CSA2K said:
Nice haul!
Thanks for looking CS and HH from the Trio. Q.
rebelrouser said:
that is some excellent hunting.i like that bullet.it puts a personal touch on it.hope you might get in some more hunting.you have had a very good year.
He dug the other at a picket or patrol rest stop area on Battery Hill Don. A couple of more trips and we are done until hay is cut or we find a new site in the woods without ticks and heat-LOL. Q.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Love the snakehead :o
Great little I too!
Sounds like a Great Time Out :hello2:
HH to you!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The flip side of the warm winter we had is that everything is growing quicker than normal, so the season will end sooner on many of our sites. All things considered, I'll take the warmer winter. I leave for DIV XXI tomorrow. I hope our site hasn't grown up too much, but I expect the ticks to be bad.

Glad to see you could squeeze another hunt out of that site this spring :thumbsup:

M

MiniMe

That carved is really nice. Some very nice finds gentlemen :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

steelheadwill said:
Love the snakehead :o
Great little I too!
Sounds like a Great Time Out :hello2:
HH to you!
Herbie, it's 85 degrees and humid here today so I'm glad we went yesterday. Good huntin' Herbie, Q.
Steve in PA said:
The flip side of the warm winter we had is that everything is growing quicker than normal, so the season will end sooner on many of our sites. All things considered, I'll take the warmer winter. I leave for DIV XXI tomorrow. I hope our site hasn't grown up too much, but I expect the ticks to be bad.

Glad to see you could squeeze another hunt out of that site this spring :thumbsup:
It's about done here too Steve. Good luck at DIV. Say hello to Ringfinder for Doug and me if you see him, Quindy.
Minime said:
That carved is really nice. Some very nice finds gentlemen :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Colleen. That's about the only snake Dman could outrun-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Way to go Treeeee-O! You fellows are racking-up the goodies. :thumbsup: Breezie

Top Member Reactions