Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The other day at the Antietam farm I saw an old guy riding his horse along the fence line out for his daily drive....Found out who the owner's were and finally caught up with them today....Told them who I was and what I was about and they said no problem....just don't trash the place....Full access anywhere!!!!Awesome lookin' place,check it out!!....

This first pic is the sign at the end of the lane...
2006_1014Image0005.JPG
The house were Gen. Mansfield died from a chunk of lead from the South...
2006_1014Image0001.JPG ]
Here's a couple pic's of the barn...Look's real interesting...
2006_1014Image0002.JPG
2006_1014Image0003.JPG
These last two pic's are where the Union Army stayed the night before the Bloody Battle....First one is where Mansfield's 12th Corps. was at.....Second look's toward's Greene's Div.

Thank's for lookin'......Gonna get a couple fellow TNer's to help me out on this one!!!!

Attachments

• 2006_1014Image0006.JPG
    2006_1014Image0006.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 864
  • 2006_1014Image0004.JPG
    2006_1014Image0004.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 855
Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Why isn't there a "smiley face" that's drooling!? Can't wait to see your finds!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Looks awesome,

Wish I was near to help out. That site just yells history. I'm sure you all will find some great stuff. Even if your not the first hunters. Can't wait to see what you turn up.

Good Luck

Jeremy

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
WOW that spot looks awesome,doubt many hunters have been there before you either. Thanks for sharing some of the history about that spot. I have the area bookmarked in google earth from one of your earlier posts and Ill try and drag up some battlefield maps to try and figure out the area you will be hunting good luck

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a problem shoot....I hunt(deer too) the adjoining farm too....probably a total of 300+ acre's....until I started researchin' the other farm I didn't know these guy's were there the night before....

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap dude, I am excited now. Maybe I should skip the wedding on Sat haha. We have to work out a plan for this site, I will call you this week!!!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurry up! I wanna see what you'll be getting there, looks great!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went up to the Line Farm today....after doing a little research this morning found out it was a field hospital not to mention a staging area.....According to the map's I found Mansfield's 12th Corp's was bivouaced to the left of the barn...Too bad they didn't have GPS back then.....This is what's there now >:(

2006_1015Image0001.JPG

Went to the outskirt's of the corn and ended up with this......Small little area yielded all this plus some stuff I threw away...Half of this is broken farm implement's from way back.....Still keep's me going though....kinda funny about huntin' near the house....In time I guess...Kinda like my adjoining farm better,closer to the action.....The crop's need to go!!!!!

2006_1015Image0002.JPG

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
i fergot what time am i suppose to be there? congrats on an awesome place to hunt.

eagerly awaiting your posts......keep diggin

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil....congrats on getting permission for what looks to be a great site looks like it will keep you busy for a while covering all that area. Good luck and look forward to some posts with some awesome finds!!!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff,I am sure you will hit pay dirt soon!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good Grief....I am on my way ...hahaha...Dont worry ....I will clear the rusty junk out for you so you can find the silver....hahaha.,...I would just love to see the place and walk that land . WTG on getting a great site to hunt!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Good Grief....I am on my way ...hahaha...Dont worry ....I will clear the rusty junk out for you so you can find the silver....hahaha.,...I would just love to see the place and walk that land . WTG on getting a great site to hunt!
Gypsy...If you ever take a wrong turn and wind up in central Maryland somewhere you're more than welcome.....This area is Beautiful...The main battle field is awesome,try to read every plaque as I pass through just to pick up on a few "potential site's" and a few more piece's of Antietam.....Happy Halloween Gypsy and HH!!

SoMdRelicHunter

Sep 12, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
civilman1 said:
The other day at the Antietam farm I saw an old guy riding his horse along the fence line out for his daily drive....Found out who the owner's were and finally caught up with them today....Told them who I was and what I was about and they said no problem....just don't trash the place....Full access anywhere!!!!Awesome lookin' place,check it out!!....

These last two pic's are where the Union Army stayed the night before the Bloody Battle....First one is where Mansfield's 12th Corps. was at.....Second look's toward's Greene's Div.

Thank's for lookin'......Gonna get a couple fellow TNer's to help me out on this one!!!!
Thats awesome Man congrats!!! I wish i could get permission like that!!Antietam is like a dream!!I have a hard time getting permission here in southern maryland...for some reason people look down on our hobby down here....I think there have been issues(like people tearing up places and having no permission...had the door slammed in my face many a time...)so people around here are very weary....So i cherish everytime i get some permission...Well good luck to you, and sure wish i was in your shoes!!

PS. If you ever want some company up there let me know ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread