Recent Finds - 1798 Large Cent KG Coppers Walking Libery Half Arrowhead & More

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
I've gone back to the woods about six times where I found the totally worn 2 Reale and the New Jersey Copper. Recent finds include a 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent (date is hard to read in picture, but pretty clear in real life), two King George Coppers, a 1946 Walking Liberty Half Dollar in fine condition, a nice, unusual silver plated St Christopher dash board attachment with wings and vehicles, a partial Long Island Railroad Ferry Gate Man hat badge (Id'd by a LIRR collector friend of mine), and my first arrowhead. The arrowhead was not an eyeballed surface find, but was inside of a pulled plug.

Attachments

• woods.jpg
    woods.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 254
  • woods2.jpg
    woods2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 260
  • woods3.jpg
    woods3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 258
  • woods4.jpg
    woods4.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 247
  • woods6.jpg
    woods6.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Upvote 0

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking LC and I particularly like the St Christopher Wings. All around good finds.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs Bill! The LI Ferry tag is really unusual. I love finding things of local interest. What is the backmark on the bottom right button?

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an awesome day!!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy finding old coins, but the real prize here is that gorgeous arrowhead you found. That would make my day. This is the first time I've heard of one being found within a plug. Congrats!

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
I really enjoy finding old coins, but the real prize here is that gorgeous arrowhead you found. That would make my day. This is the first time I've heard of one being found within a plug. Congrats!

You know, the funny thing is, a few times in the past when I was out in the woods, and I came across a large gathering of pebbles and rocks at the bottom of a hill or trail, I've stopped and looked for arrowheads. It was only a few days earlier, while in these same woods that I briefly looked for an arrowhead. I was then really shocked and surprised when I saw the arrowhead in the plug. I couldn't believe it!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm living on the wrong coast. We never find those older large cents! That's a very unique St Chris medal, donn't think I've seen one like that! Nice collection of finds!

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
I'm living on the wrong coast. We never find those older large cents! That's a very unique St Chris medal, donn't think I've seen one like that! Nice collection of finds!

Hey Cool Hand,

If you like that St Christopher medal, check out this similar one I dug about five years ago. The magnet on the back still works and it's now attached to the top of my dashboard. Though it's not marked sterling silver, it is sterling, since my business partner saw the same medal at an antique show in its original box with the box stating that the medal is sterling.

Attachments

• medal.jpg
    medal.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 90
  • medal2.jpg
    medal2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions