A Big Yellow Diamond (I wish!) in Western Australia.

Feb 29, 2012
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garret AT Pro had found me a tiny silver 1952 threepence (an Australian pre decimal coin) and the usual junk. I was sinking into thick, smelly, black mud and was about to move to another area when I got a good signal (Pro Coin Setting). Kneeling in dirty water up to my neck and digging down 20cm (about 8 inches) into what I recognised as a very old layer of dense sticky organic mud, I eventually extracted what at first I thought was a washer, then a toy ring, then as I rubbed the mud off it I thought it was costume jewellery and when I got it home and cleaned it up “WOW! A big yellow diamond set in silver” But, if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is not true. My wife pointed out that it would be unusual to set a stone of that calibre into silver and she was right. Nevertheless it turned out to be a 1920's Silver & Citrine Ring. The composition of the mud & location indicate it may have been lost 80 years ago or more. Although it looks alright, the silver is very corroded & was badly squashed. It is no surprise that the beautiful stone is like new. (Citrine is a hard 7 on MOH's Scale).Rex Woodmore    Beachcomber-Contractor - Finding Lost Rings

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BeachcomberContractor
Feb 29, 2012
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
For some reason I could not get this picture on here yesterday. But here it is my Photo of 1920s Citrine & Silver Ring found in stinking black mud in Western Australia. Rex Woodmore    Beachcomber-Contractor - Finding Lost Rings
IMG_0001-3.JPG

caseymatin

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Australia is famous and popular country for jewellery in all over the world. Here you share such nice information about big yellow diamond ring in western Australia. Its look to old ring. Thanks for sharing your experience to here.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! Happy hunting next hunt.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful!!! You did a great job straightening it out!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread