Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINNALY BROKE INTO THE 1600'S!

Here is a group shot of my last two hunts. Last weekend I picked up the nice 1893 Barber Half, 4 Indian heads, 2 Colonial buttons, and a sash buckle of some sort hunting with Heavymetalnut and Forino. This weekend (yesterday) I was out on a group hunt with some forum members....I pulled this anual fair badge, at first I thought it was a Grand Army of the Republic Medal but after rubbing the bejesus out of it I found otherwise. Still a very cool find and nice to meet some Rhode Island fellas. Before heading home HMN and I had an hour to burn so we decided to swing by an OLD cellar hole he knew of....So we got all set up and started swinging and wouldn't ya know....the very first signal and first 5 minutes of the hunt I had a 1697 William III Half Penny in my pouch. I didn't know at the time what it was but after cleaning it a bit at home my wife came in the kitchen asking me what all the commotion was about....I was doing the happy dance and yippin like a coyote....MY TOP GOAL....1600'S COIN! This is Huge for me and I don't care that it's shot....but just enough detail held onfor me to properly ID it and even get a faint date....What an awesome day. Thanks for lookin folks...I'll be up on cloud nine if ya need me.

Attachments

• IMG_6390_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_6390_edited-1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Hi sniffy congrats on the 1699 coin it is real cool. i too broke into the 1600's but in a differant way with a complete buckle it is a cool feeling. Again Congrats and May a GW buttin end up in your pouch real soon.

Bubba65

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wonderful day finding that 1600's coin! Must be more really old stuff at that site too! 1600's or even 1700's is my goal. So far my oldest is a 1923 silver dollar surface find, which thrilled me totally, but I'm hoping to dig back two or three centuries earlier than that. Andi

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG JESS! You've been on fire this year with the new MD! For me this is such a goal to get into the 1600's!

Well worthy of a Banner find to me, so I've cast a vote!

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot for all the replies. I find my self opening my collection case holding the coin day dreaming about the late 1600's in Connecticut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread