Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G-day Cobbers ,:happysmiley::happysmiley::happysmiley: What' been happening ? Well i been up on the side of the Gully not far from a Saddle Quartz Reef Called "The Lightning Reef" Like most of my sites i take a couple of goes before i find enough of anything to post. yes slim picking at the moment but i did have a good weekend. Some time ago at this location i came across a junky area below the tailings heap of a Hard rock mine which sat on the top of the hill. In the first gold rush of 1851 there were Long-Tom sluices which quite long. Some as long as 400 feet. The junky area was located on a flat half way up the hill. Great place to camp i thought and so did the miners. Started with musket ball and another . Then next target was a Button. Hunting button which was to do with the sport of "Hare Coursing " . Grey hounds and other large dogs would chase down a hare . Blood sport. The button dates from around 1860. Nice silver sixpence 1848 and a later shilling . While digging the target a few pottery shards and clay pipe pieces came up.Managed a few pieces of gold and couple of species . I have been having a bit of fun with my pics to see if i can get a interesting effect. Tell me what you think.

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_1658.jpg
    100_1658.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_1657.jpg
    100_1657.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_1634.jpg
    100_1634.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_1618.jpg
    100_1618.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 1

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
love the finds, congrats on the yellow stuff!

slak jak

Mar 13, 2008
melbourne australia
Detector(s) used
whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gday tp loved the contrast pics with the blue bottle specially the 1 with the gold .
did you go to wedderburn , you are diong well keep it up ,hh slak jak

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gday tp loved the contrast pics with the blue bottle specially the 1 with the gold .
did you go to wedderburn , you are diong well keep it up ,hh slak jak

Slak you be talking about the token hunt , never in hell Sorry the idea of having a head -on with other coils would drive me mad. Bunch of silly old coots

tinpan

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love the gold and the coins! Great contrasts with the blue bottle, really clear viewing. I'm glad you chose to stay on t-net because I love your varied finds and background facts on the old days too! When I figure out how to post pics, I'll fnally be able to share my fave finds everyone too. HH Andi

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice goin Tinpan.....pics are great

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, I love the finds, more so that gorgeous button. Love the contrast with the blue bottle.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day you fine gold is a good day, Add sliver and you have a great day, CONGRATS.:hello2::hello2:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..........pretty sure that Sports button dates earlier than what you think............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions