old oak tree

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Got up to almost 70 here in Western Tenn. today, but still alot of mud from the rain and snow we had so only went on my property. I'm surrounded by approximately 15 acres of woods but in the front of the property there is about an acre of cleared land with a really old oak on it. I started by laying grid marks out from the base of the tree fanning out from about one foot at the base of the tree to approximately five feet wide 20 ft. from the base. Got to search one grid today, (got to muddy). I found one 1963 quarter, 1 1973 dime, two pennies from the 70's ,1 bolt ,1 weird looking gear, 2 pulltabs, 1 rusty nail, I did get one last hit showed up as a dime but gave up for the day. If the rain holds off tomorrow I'll get that sucker, can't wait to work another grid. That was my New Years day finds. HH to all Bob.B

Upvote 0

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Sounds like a cool tree bob...If the grid is 5' wide at 20 feet out you have a lot of search area...enjoy.

Dave

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Yeah and the good thing is, I've got a clear shot all the way around the tree. This tree is about 3 ft. in diameter at the base so I've got alot of search area. Didn't get out today, rained all day. HH Bob.B

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Nail was laying flat in the ground, not so much rocks in this area but a lot of iron ore and slate.

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Sorry now I get it, its been a long time for me, straight or on the rocks ( don't get out much anymore)
HH Bob.B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread