πŸ₯‡ BANNER OMG! Best coin find ever! My record oldest US dug coin! And its silver!

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG! Best coin find ever! My record oldest US dug coin! And it's silver!

Video link!

Today, I only had a few hours before dark to detect so I went back to the spot that I found trime yesterday! I had been gold panning so I was completely soaked up to the waist and partially up my back from the creek water. I detected about 30 minutes and they got completely dark but I was all the way at the back of the field so I decided to stay for a few more minutes and I'm sure glad I did! I got a repeatable coin signal and obviously I could not see my screen so I had no idea what I was about to dig. I just assumed it was another dern can. Just like yesterday with the trime, I saw a black disc with my pinpointer light! I picked up the black disc of metal and in the pinpointer light discovered that it was some sort of capped bust coin! I could tell it that time that was in pristine condition but I did not know at that time they had been scraped on both sides. Unfortunately I scraped the back side of the the dime with my lesche hand shovel. :( I then made a beeline to my car with my ace 250 pro pointer, lesche digger and decided to clean it off on the site with my friends well water and I made a video. The light from the video revealed that it was an 1829 liberty capped bust dime. It has scratches on both sides like I said but it is in extra fine or better condition underneath the scratches. In 1829 they had 3 different types. They had small, medium, and large. Mine is the large version. I am so happy to have dug my oldest US coin and best dime ever! Not to mention that I dug my best coin to date yesterday, as well, being a 1858 trime! I also found a few junky relics. I am so happy!

Attachments

• IMAG0208-1.jpg
    IMAG0208-1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 452
  • IMAG0209-1.jpg
    IMAG0209-1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 426
  • IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0213-1.jpg
    IMAG0213-1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!!!! Please be careful with all your future findings. You are trying to preserve history not damage it:nono::icon_thumright::icon_thumright:....................GTP

OP
OP
FoundInNC

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The video has been added folks! A genuinely startling reveal caught on film!

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome find!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC coin and SUPER find!!! Congratulations on a great find as well as a GREAT BANNER find! Breezie

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is truly awesome. Where there is one there is possibly more so go and find another. Happy Hunting.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: sweet find.Ifound one those 5 or 6 years ago at the beach,so i'ts not in great shape.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, still looking for one of those babies! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread