Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out with some buddies and we found a 5 acre field that was full of colonial buttons, I dug 32 myself. One of my friends got lucky dug a rare GW cuff button. I'll try to get a pic of it real soon, it's a rare one. Another friend dug a rev war button like mine and another dug a britsh 16th rgt and another dug a 60th . They went back today and got a rev war South Carolina 6th rgt. Here's mine. This button was lost by a member of the 1st South Carolina continental army and is called a dogbone one, as you can tell by the way the number 1 looks. This unit was qrganized in the summer of 1775 in charleston. They were engaged during the first british attack on the city in 1776.They fought in florida and savannah. They were captured at the fall of charleston, May 12th 1780. This little button has quite a history behind it, hope you enjoy the pic.

Peter

Attachments

• dogbone.JPG
    dogbone.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,559
Upvote 1

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice "dog bone" Pete! Sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun with this site!! Congrats on the banner!! (and your S C plate & 1795 half dime didn't make it ?)

IM

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on a SUPER GREAT find! Sweet button and SWEET well deserved BANNER! Breezie

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice piece and well done on the research and history my friend, thanks for sharing and good luck upon your return. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions