my best day 4 silver this year (NOW WITH PICS)!!!!

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well had 4 hours to kill before I had to work so I went to a park I have been detecting on and off for around 2 years. Well I started off in the area that I pulled 12 wheaties and 2 mercs the other day. I ended up staying in that spot for the whole 4 hours. Its about the size of a reg basketball court. There was so much clad that I had to turn my sweep speed to 1 and my recovery sp to 1. I recieved a deeper signal at 6inches that jumped from dime to quarter. So I did and out popped a 1923 merc, I scanned the hole and same signal dug some more and out comes a 1939merc then a 1953 canadian dime. I still had a good signal deeper but there was alot of roots so I will go back when I have some more time. Then about 2 ft over I get a weird penny signal,dig down and out comes 4 coins all stuck together with dirt. 3 wheats and a dateless buffalo. (All the wheat I got today are soaking so no dates yet.) The a nice dime signal and another merc, a 43d. Then I dig up a few bucks in clad and some wheaties ,then a silver 25cent piece from I think canada(it has king george on front then on the back 25 with some flowery design and too worn for the date.) So by now im pretty excited!!! After that I dig another 43 merc but no d mintmark. Then more clad and wheats,and finally right b4 I had to leave a 53 washington quarter and a 42 merc. I ended up with 10 wheats $5.04 in clad including a half and a sac dollar plus the silvers. OOOOO two tokens one was a carwash and the other good ole chuckycheese. Im at work now but with post pics 2morrow. Happy t hunting

Attachments

• 100_0362.JPG
    100_0362.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_0363.JPG
    100_0363.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 100_0364.JPG
    100_0364.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: my best day 4 silver this year

John....wow....quadruple wow!! :o

We'll be waiting for the pictures. I especially want to see the Canadian silver! 8)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Great day for silver indeed. That's awesome.
Have you really pulled out the silver in the last 2 years from there? Or was that just the magic section?

Rev

OP
OP
J

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I average 2-3 silvers per trip but I think nobody detected that area because of the clutter on top. I think im going to clean out all the junk and see whats under it.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awsome finds!

HH
-GC

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnbr19792003 said:
I average 2-3 silvers per trip but I think nobody detected that area because of the clutter on top. I think im going to clean out all the junk and see whats under it.
done that before dig the tarsh the masked targets pop out ;)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver finds...Congrats!!! and yes, that quarter is Canadian, probably from the late 1800's early 1900's?, am not overly familiar with what designs went with what date ranges, but do know it is definitely Canadian. I found one like it, portrait on obverse was facing the other way than yours, and it was dated 1910. Worth digging thru all that junk and clad....nice spot..:)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day out and congrats on all that silver! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread