Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm posting these for a friend who dug them in the same field in South Carolina where I found my rev war dogbone one a couple days ago. He found them with his new Deus metal detector. He let me try it and the little bit I used it was quite impressed.Awsome in iron, it's light , super fast, and very futuristic in design. I'm going to try and save up some cash to get my hands on one. Hope you enjoy the pics and the two buttons below the GW are yet to be identified so if you have any ideas we'd love to hear them, thanks

Peter. Forgot to tell you guys the GW button is 14 mm

Attachments

• GWButton.jpg
    GWButton.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 1CButton.jpg
    1CButton.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 187
  • PGButton.jpg
    PGButton.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Upvote 2

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button. It actually showed up on my Facebook page today.

Have the rules for the banner changed? I'm not complaining about it, because awesome finds like this should be up there, but I always thought that if you didn't find it, it couldn't go up. And who decides what goes up there now? It seems like things are going up there super-fast now.

This is the question I wanted clarity on, it maybe a good 'in' for Cru'dad or maybe it was an oversight? Otherwise I have some friends in the British Museum who have some great finds I could post:goldbar:

Seems the Banner is off the rails a little. His Rev War pewter is listed as a "GW button" under his banner finds. Someone is obviously pushing the banner plunger and going through the process a little fast these days. The post clearly states what the button is.

The banner needs lots of sorting, many of those current holders, still have not had it added to under their Avatar, they are expected to ask for it to be fixed, sad really when you think of the effort it takes to get these. It should not take too long to check the most recent, going back to when it broke.

Sorry I Removed it from the Banner. Finds Must be by Full Members.
If not by Number of posts, at least by time served, in My opinion.
as Far as the designations in the Profiles, I Havn't figured out How
they are done, So I Can't remove that.

You's will have to Work (Impress) for Banners from Me. :rocks:

I totally agree, just because my Cru'dad is internet shy apart from when I buy his stamps on ebay for him, doesn't mean his finds should make it to banner. I may enjoy sharing our Cru'team finds but I realise that membership is what counts on the banner, or we could all post finds by our 'mates'. Good judgement - thanks Jeff.

Register him a name. There's no reason he can't be a member, and also no reason you can't post his finds for him under that name. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who have others take care of their pics or the typing, or both. I remember one poster in particular on this forum who posted a lot of finds but it wasn't him at the keyboard, he just viewed the threads and his daughter or someone was doing the rest.

I get your point, but sounds like more effort on my part. Splitting pictures etc... Embrassing Dad & so on...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button. It actually showed up on my Facebook page today.

Have the rules for the banner changed? I'm not complaining about it, because awesome finds like this should be up there, but I always thought that if you didn't find it, it couldn't go up. And who decides what goes up there now? It seems like things are going up there super-fast now.

This is the question I wanted clarity on, it maybe a good 'in' for Cru'dad or maybe it was an oversight? Otherwise I have some friends in the British Museum who have some great finds I could post:goldbar:

Seems the Banner is off the rails a little. His Rev War pewter is listed as a "GW button" under his banner finds. Someone is obviously pushing the banner plunger and going through the process a little fast these days. The post clearly states what the button is.

The banner needs lots of sorting, many of those current holders, still have not had it added to under their Avatar, they are expected to ask for it to be fixed, sad really when you think of the effort it takes to get these. It should not take too long to check the most recent, going back to when it broke.

Sorry I Removed it from the Banner. Finds Must be by Full Members.
If not by Number of posts, at least by time served, in My opinion.
as Far as the designations in the Profiles, I Havn't figured out How
they are done, So I Can't remove that.

You's will have to Work (Impress) for Banners from Me. :rocks:

I totally agree, just because my Cru'dad is internet shy apart from when I buy his stamps on ebay for him, doesn't mean his finds should make it to banner. I may enjoy sharing our Cru'team finds but I realise that membership is what counts on the banner, or we could all post finds by our 'mates'. Good judgement - thanks Jeff.

Register him a name. There's no reason he can't be a member, and also no reason you can't post his finds for him under that name. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who have others take care of their pics or the typing, or both. I remember one poster in particular on this forum who posted a lot of finds but it wasn't him at the keyboard, he just viewed the threads and his daughter or someone was doing the rest.

I get your point, but sounds like more effort on my part. Splitting pictures etc... Embrassing Dad & so on...

I was thinking more just the special finds to get the banner recognition.

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Forgot to tell you guys this button is 14 mm so it's a small one

But maybe just to someone who already had both the 20mm and 25mm. (and also depends on what I'm about to write in the last part of this paragraph) When it comes to Rev War and probably GW buttons the coat size would in most cases get as much money (or more) even if a little "more common" because collectors like bigger buttons. Also, even if this find is 22mm that might not mean too much because being a variant with different detail design and spacing would mean much more then just a larger button used, at least that's how I see it. Looking at the pics it's hard to tell if it's an exact match in design or not.
N/T

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm posting these for a friend who dug them in the same field in South Carolina where I found my rev war dogbone one a couple days ago. He found them with his new Deus metal detector. He let me try it and the little bit I used it was quite impressed.Awsome in iron, it's light , super fast, and very futuristic in design. I'm going to try and save up some cash to get my hands on one. Hope you enjoy the pics and the two buttons below the GW are yet to be identified so if you have any ideas we'd love to hear them, thanks

Pete
. Forgot to tell you guys the buttons a little one only 14 mm

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Forgot to tell you guys the buttons a little one only 14 mm

I was pretty sure it had to be a different size. That's kinda strange seeing a GW so small, but just as kick a$$ as a honker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread