Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm posting these for a friend who dug them in the same field in South Carolina where I found my rev war dogbone one a couple days ago. He found them with his new Deus metal detector. He let me try it and the little bit I used it was quite impressed.Awsome in iron, it's light , super fast, and very futuristic in design. I'm going to try and save up some cash to get my hands on one. Hope you enjoy the pics and the two buttons below the GW are yet to be identified so if you have any ideas we'd love to hear them, thanks

Peter. Forgot to tell you guys the GW button is 14 mm

Attachments

• GWButton.jpg
    GWButton.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 1CButton.jpg
    1CButton.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 188
  • PGButton.jpg
    PGButton.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Upvote 2

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Wow Pete your friend dug some beautiful buttons, Congrats to him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba65

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONTACT Don Troiani - he may big help

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
I'm posting these for a friend who dug them in the same field in South Carolina where I found my rev war dogbone one a couple days ago. He found them with his new Deus metal detector. He let me try it and the little bit I used it was quite impressed.Awsome in iron, it's light , super fast, and very futuristic in design. I'm going to try and save up some cash to get my hands on one. Hope you enjoy the pics and the two buttons below the GW are yet to be identified so if you have any ideas we'd love to hear them, thanks

Pete
George Washington 1789 Inaugural Button

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see that example photoed in the Cobb collection.
I wonder...

Attachments

• scratchplate.jpg
    scratchplate.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 643

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder...

Interesting that it is not in the Cobb collection. Perhaps it is a previously unknown example or is the Cobb collection not complete?

Still a banner find...(although lately it seems like people would rather see Mercury dimes on the forum, then finds like these!)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats to your friend

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is amazing, Pete. Is that a cufflink with the PG and bust on the front? That is just as awesome. The Mayor had a Banner day.

Kirk

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great GW button , Congrats to the finder ! Become a T Net member and get to know fellow hunters who appreciate metal detecting finds that even include merc dimes . :idea1: your finds are eligible for banner votes when you join up

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great GW button , Congrats to the finder ! Become a T Net member and get to know fellow hunters who appreciate metal detecting finds that even include merc dimes . :idea1: your finds are eligible for banner votes when you join up

Agreed. Tnet never allowed banners for non members, has this changed? If so, then Cru'Dad is now eligible, unlike previously. So maybe he will get his first banner now?

XP make great machines, they will take the US by storm, or hoover up what others have left.

Tell your friend its a great looking button.

PS.

I notice next to the banner it says 'members discoveries', so maybe an oversight by the MODs (or is the 'friend' a member that can't post pictures?). Can a MOD clarify the new policy on banners finds or is it the same, I'm now unsure? (Cru'dad is waiting with baited breath)

Last edited:

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder...

Pete, I was thinking the same thing...it didn't look like any variation I had ever seen...looking at it, I was telling myself that it looked hand engraved, like someone was making their own personal GW buttons...or maybe a small jeweler was producing a number of them to make a little money...could be a one-of-a-kind...very cool.

Greg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder...

Pete, I was thinking the same thing...it didn't look like any variation I had ever seen...looking at it, I was telling myself that it looked hand engraved, like someone was making their own personal GW buttons...or maybe a small jeweler was producing a number of them to make a little money...could be a one-of-a-kind...very cool.

Greg

There's a link posted to the same type on page 1. Here it is again.

http://georgewashingtoninauguralbuttons.com/23.html

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! That GW is a real slobberknocker!! Never seen that varient before and I like!!

GW, Liberty Cap, and Federal Eagle. What more could you want on a button - except maybe a rattlesnake!

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder...

Greg

There's a link posted to the same type on page 1. Here it is again.

George Washington 1789 Inaugural Button

thanks for the link, IP!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.... What size is the button?

The 25mm is listed at R6, and the 20mm at R7. It's clearly not the 25mm pattern, but shows more space on each side of the wings compared to the 20mm from the link. Would even add a little more to the find if it's a size that hasn't been seen before, like 22mm.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread