CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T N hunters .. 55 degrees , The woods has too many ticks so I checked out a new field site today . :-\ A flock of geese were rambling around where I planned to search . Hit the truck horn and they started honking like crazy . These geese are ok but this field was in a old area of the Cape so they had to go .. and when they go .. THEY GO :tongue3: took off but piles of goose crap were falling from their butts like bombs , freakin' everywhere . What a disgusting mess .. smelled funny but nothin' else mattered , time to get some diggin in before dark . It has been awhile so I was ready and it didn't take long to step in IT some field iron that is , square nails horse shoes , more nails until a few buttons started popping up . Nice tombac , all sizes of flat buttons and mangled copper scraps mixed in with some big chunks of goose poop. . Shards of every sort , & clay pottery were scattered in an area that looked like a likely place to get some good stuff. First few finds were pieces copper fence wire " lots of it for scrap " , then a 1839 large cent in fair shape , 1959 penny from Canada , same place where my feathered friends originated . More Nails , the usual , farm finds .. wagon parts , coins where all dates from clad to some wheaties , a 1916 , 1910 , 1911 , 1930's buffalo nickel , Indian head pennies a really fine 1865 , 1868, 1873, 189? .. 1743 Hibernia halfpence , 1761 KG II , 1773 KG III half penny 1775 KG III , a well worn Draped Bust half cent .. looks like an 1801 and two unidentified coppers .. a pair of geese watched me from a short distance away . The place was a mess and my shoes smell but it was loaded with some good targets . Eyeballed a great looking multi colored arrowhead walking back to the truck , see pic . Every now and then these points turn up near this locale . There must have been Centuries of hunting , and farming here . I'll return to the goose field to step in more $#it . ::) Thanks for taking a look . Good Hunting this last weekend of March

CMD Dawg 8)

Attachments

• mar dwg 146.JPG
    mar dwg 146.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 84
  • mar dwg 136.JPG
    mar dwg 136.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 82
  • mar dwg 142.JPG
    mar dwg 142.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 79
  • mar dwg 132.JPG
    mar dwg 132.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 75
  • mar dwg 178.JPG
    mar dwg 178.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 88
  • mar dwg 173.JPG
    mar dwg 173.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 96
  • mar dwg 174.JPG
    mar dwg 174.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 90
  • mar dwg 175.JPG
    mar dwg 175.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 86
  • mar dwg 156.JPG
    mar dwg 156.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 90
  • mar dwg 145.JPG
    mar dwg 145.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 82
  • mar dwg 140.JPG
    mar dwg 140.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Upvote 1

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trust Me Make Sure You Claean Off your Shoes Before Walking Into Your House!!! HH Chug It Lingers!!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Dawg, glad you were able to disprse the "gaggle" so you could find those nice relics. You can mail that point to me in Tennessee. It's a great color. I'm glad I took a "Gander' at your post-LOL. WTG, Q.

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dawg, glad you were able to disprse the "gaggle" so you could find those nice relics. You can mail that point to me in Tennessee. It's a great color. I'm glad I took a "Gander' at your post-LOL. WTG, Q.
lomao thanks for taking a gander :laughing7:.. take em all if you want .. glad you like it Q , most are plain white or rose quartz .. colors on this one is a piece of native art

dawg

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Wow! Congrats on filling that pouch up with a lot of nice Keepers :headbang: ! That's a awesome looking arrowhead too, WTG dawg :icon_thumleft: ! I can't believe the amount of geese droppings I'll see in some areas :'( but you definitely got to watch out for the ticks this year :whip2:. Looks like a excellent site !

TommNJ

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not crappy at all, some colonial coppers and a fantastic point. Good Job Dawg.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg, It looks like you really stepped in it this time buddy. What a nice bunch of beautiful crappy saves. Great hunting... Arty

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the comments :treasurechest: , heading back to the Goose **** Field , April Fool's Day " perfect day for another , " Wild Goose Chase " , have to see what else is there .. Thanks ,again guys , i like the one comment : beautiful crappy finds Lol man, the things we all do to find something to post , The "Thrill " of the Hunt .. The Quest for the " Ultimate Dig " , sometimes it seems nuttier than a squirrels t**d ::)

Good Day

dawg :icon_sunny:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
dang dawg-
i'd step in some unsavory piles for a day like that.
looking forward to seeing what else you pull out of there.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang Dawg nice finds! You know what they say about getting crapped on by a bird, real good luck. Hopefully they will take aim again today:happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread