11th Spanish Silver for the Canefield Bandits!!!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the 11th Spanish Silver pulled from this house site. It was Shanegalang and the Tesoro Cortes' turn this time. An 1814 Ferdinand VII. Buckle boy had no sooner mentioned that he was surprised that we hadnt found any gun flints at this location and wouldn't you know it he walked down a row and found just that........an English gun flint! I also pulled a flat button with the back mark that reads "S Double Plaque Paris". The usual pipe stems, a small cuff button and a smashed thimble were also dug. The coin is very interesting, it had been soldered or braised on perhaps a cuff link. It's my understanding that this was not usually done with a genuine silver coin but this one was. Certainly rare. Hope you enjoy, Shanegalang

Attachments

• first coin.jpg
    first coin.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_5097.JPG
    100_5097.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 125
  • flint.jpg
    flint.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_5100.JPG
    100_5100.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_5103.JPG
    100_5103.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah that sounds even better but I would be scared the price would never go up on the guitar!!!!!!!LOLOLOL You know I'm just joking BB. Have fun and be safe down there.

KFB
now your talking truth brother!!! :) Honestly I hope we BOTH keep pulling silver after silver, a few golds and military buttons out of there :)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....wowzer that must be a thrill to hunt a spot like that. Location, location and a good dedicated bunch of diggers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread