Finding History

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Interesting finds. I watched the video, but for some reason couldn't get the sound to work. Any idea on what might have been mined in that area? Hope to hear more on this.

OP
OP
Killer B Dunc

Killer B Dunc

Mar 28, 2012
Benton, LA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Teknetics Delta 4000
Bounty Hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what the deal is on the sound it seems to be working on my end, but I live in Bossier parish in Louisiana and back in the 1800's they would build trams or cart railroad tracks through the woods for logging pine trees and sometimes that same tram would be used to mine limonite and iron ore which Bossier parish is rich in. My neighbor told me the story of the tram and that it is documented at the courthouse. Also, from what I've been able to find on the Internet confirms these activities as being conducted between the unincorporated areas of Bellevue and Linton which is exactly where I live. I was pretty excited to find these railroad spikes to validate the story, but would also like to go to the courthouse and try to do an abstract on my property, obtain a copy of official documents, and %100 confirm this story, but for me it has been confirmed. Why else would there be railroad spikes in a remote area like that? I can't wait to see what else I find back there.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation. HH, Hamid

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Care to post some regular pictures? Cannot view videos here, am on dial-up.CARM

jterry85

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2012
Baumholder, Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! You should use some of those surveying flags and plant one everytime you find a spike. Could help show the path of the tram and lead you to the camp at the end.

Coldshot

Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a cool place, if ya do get mosquito problems there spray your self with listerine they will leave ya alone. or use bleach in your bath water, I used it when loggin in south ark.....HH

OP
OP
Killer B Dunc

Killer B Dunc

Mar 28, 2012
Benton, LA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Teknetics Delta 4000
Bounty Hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds! You should use some of those surveying flags and plant one everytime you find a spike. Could help show the path of the tram and lead you to the camp at the end.

That's a good idea although these were all found in about a 150' perimeter. I'll probably use them when I continue the search onto my neighbor's property. He has 20 acres that this thing crosses though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread