TK in VA

Mar 30, 2012
Front Royal
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was complaining on Friday that the "good old days" of detecting were gone. So I decided to hit a regular spot of mine that is always good for a couple of bullets. It's a large area and alot of it has been graded. You just find pockets of stuff here and there. Well, I decided to go back to a little knoll that had yielded some enfields and gardners in the past. I started finding them close together-like four enfields in a three foot area. So I slowly started working my way out... And then I got a very high buckle reading. I thought, another big piece of scrap.- The place is loaded with scap. Anyways, I dig and dig, get down about 12 inches and see an edge of green... Popped it out and about had a heart attack!!! CSA! Perfect condition with the remnants of belt still in the hooks! Never believed I would find one. It's been 25 years of hunting off and on. I've found plates and buttons, but nothing like this. It's just beautiful! I thank the Lord for helping find it. I can't seem to resize most of my pics enough, but here are a couple

Attachments

• 4.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,335
  • 6.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,140
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 8

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, It doesn't get much better than that!!

Steve

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the great things about finding a relic of this stature is the fact that you know it's the real thing. I'd keep record of the exact location of the find too. Really, these two things (authenticity and location) are worth a lot. Actually a lot more than most people realize. Anyone else who might own that piece in the future will have less respect for it than you have because they didn't dig it. The farther one gets from the actual finding the weaker grows the faith that the story is true.

I've purchased just about every type of CW relic ever lost and eventually resold them because buying isn't anywhere near the same as finding. And too experts have told me that many relics are being faked in China to the point that most experts can't tell the difference. Very expensive tests need to be done to authenticate artifacts today and sometimes even they don't yield conclusive proof.

Congrats on a great find.

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flat out awesome find!!! Congrats are in order!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread