My new pro pointer broke today

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was cold and cloudy but no rain so at dawn I headed to a nearby pier in hopes of finding a diamond ring. :tongue3: I didn't find one.:dontknow:
I chased the tide out for a couple of hours finding the usual loose change, a sinker,and some funky lucite sinker thing that I think is supposed to look like grass under water.
MD 04 APR 12 #4.JPG
Then before going home I decided to try my luck at the nearby park.
I found a weird piece of metal that I thought was some sort of gasket until I noticed the engraving on it.
MD 04 APR 12 #2.JPG MD 04 APR 12 #3.JPG
I believe this is actually the ring from a Victorian powder jar.
But I could be wrong. I was wrong once.

Then I found a weird little piece of metal
MD 04 APR 12 #6.JPG

I had no idea what this was until I got it home and took a closer look. It has a hole in one of the ends for a key ring or necklace. Then I noticed it seemed to be made in 3 pieces. I twisted one and to my surprise it unscrewed.
MD 04 APR 12 #7.JPG
revealing that it is actually a little screwdriver. I need one of these frequently to fix my glasses since one of the lenses has a tendency to fall out at the worst times.

I found a little more loose change and was heading back to my car when the Pro Pointer I got for Christmas just up and quit working.??? It comes on but doesn't do anything. :'( now I have to send it in for repair and my vacation is only 2 weeks away. :sad1: I hope they didn't get hit by those tornadoes last night and can fix it in time.

So I went home and started smoking a nice brisket to try to take my mind off it but I'm seriously bummed. So I decided to take pictures and post. While taking them my little helpers decided to show up and try to cheer me up.
A CAT NAMED MOUSE.JPG MD 04 APR 12 #9.JPG

Of course their idea of helping is to get in the way and knock all my finds on the floor
MD 04 APR 12 #10.JPG
But its the thought that counts.
Total finds for the day 7 Dimes, 6 Nickles, 21 Pennies, a sinker, screw driver and those two other funky things.
MD 04 APR 12 #1.JPG
HH everyone
Cranky

Attachments

• MD 04 APR 12 #8.JPG
    MD 04 APR 12 #8.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 0

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cats! & I hope you get your propointer back quick!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just A Hint for You!!! Check the Batteries!!!! Dont Use Cheap one's they Tend to Be A Little Short On Lenght!!! And Dont Make a Good Contact!!!! HH Chug Let Us Know If its the Batteries Red Is Going to Be Getting Hers Soon!!!! Chug

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cats! & I hope you get your propointer back quick!
Thank you. The white one Knows it and loves having his picture taken, the other one is figuring it out quickly. They are very spoiled.

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just A Hint for You!!! Check the Batteries!!!! Dont Use Cheap one's they Tend to Be A Little Short On Lenght!!! And Dont Make a Good Contact!!!! HH Chug Let Us Know If its the Batteries Red Is Going to Be Getting Hers Soon!!!! Chug

Thanks Cheg.
The first thing I did was replace the battery, That was no help. I love the propointer but still use my F-point with it. I had a Harbor freight pinpointer but dropped it in saltwater and killed it. I wore a hole through the tip of the F-point and got salt water in it but a freshwater rinse and some fastweld 10 fixed it right up. I've been so careful with the pro pointer keeping it away from the salt and anything else that might damage it that I'm surprised this happened but I read that they are a good company to deal with so I hope that goes well.

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous cats!

Thank you.
Its hard to believe that someone would abandon them but they were both were. The white one in 2000 at 3 weeks old and the other a little over a year ago.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey crankyolman give Garrett a call and get it sent in I am sure they will get it back before you go on vacation , good luck hunting.

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey crankyolman give Garrett a call and get it sent in I am sure they will get it back before you go on vacation , good luck hunting.

I tried to call them but they weren't answering their phones. I figure they are trying to deal with the mess left by the storms. Ill try again today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread