Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off. Happy Easter everyone!!

Well, Friday night I was not thinking about MDing. Pounding headache, multiple toilet trips, and I was just hoping for a bad nights sleep :icon_pale:. I had already cancelled going MDing with cwdigger. Saturday morning came around and things were looking up :coffee2: . My buddy, The Basque, called me advising that he was cooking ribs that late afternoon and invited me over. I figured that if I was starting to feel better then I should make use of the early afternoon. Went to some property north of Swansboro, NC that I had been to before and started swinging the coil. First swing in the front yard was met with a strong tone. Out popped the heavily corroded large one cent piece!! Up until this point, my oldest coin was a 1900 Indian Head penny. I knew that I had just blown that personal best out of the water :icon_cheers:. I started working the horse paddock that had once been farm fields and got a solid 89 on my G2. Out popped my first Walking Liberty Half Dollar!!! 1945 S. Okay, so now I am sitting there stunned...Wow! Two firsts in one day. After about three hours I started back to the truck. I got the other end of the front yard and I just about blew my ears out with the scream in the head phones. Dug around in the grass and out popped the Gaskin Cycle Good Luck Token...Hmmmm, interesting :icon_scratch:. Anyway, I headed to The Basques, looked up the Hydrogen Peroxide bath and got the one cent piece in its bath for the night. This morning The Basque and I hit the Emerald Isle Beach. An hour in, a solid 61 on my G2, and 12 inches down out pops my first gold ring!! :hello2:. This afternoon, we headed to a spot in Pender County, NC. I found what I believe is a snuff box lid. Its about 1 1/2 inches across and has a hinge on it. Post Colonial? Let me know.

So anyway, three firsts for me this weekend. First large one cent, first Walking Liberty and first gold ring. What a great weekend!!

No idea on the date of the one cent. Maybe someone can narrow the date range with the heads hair style although it does appear to look like an 1839. Whatever it is, it is my oldest coin to date.

Attachments

• One Cent front after small.JPG
    One Cent front after small.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 1945 Standing Liberty Half Dollar front small.JPG
    1945 Standing Liberty Half Dollar front small.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Gaskin Cycle Co Good Luck Token front small.JPG
    Gaskin Cycle Co Good Luck Token front small.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 10K gold ring small.JPG
    10K gold ring small.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Snuff Box Lid small.JPG
    Snuff Box Lid small.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 1

csachipper

Apr 9, 2009
Kenansville NC
Detector(s) used
T2 / Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like I picked a bad weekend to be sick. We'll try again soon. Proud of ya Papa Bear!!!!

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like I picked a bad weekend to be sick. We'll try again soon. Proud of ya Papa Bear!!!!

Thanks and no worries. This coming weekend will be a good one for sure. Just let me know where and when to meet.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa Bear, Congrats on the finds, those walkers will blow ya ears off. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and big silver! Brother ,you are unstoppable. Awesome large cent also.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa Bear that looks like a Large Cent Matron Head if so they were made 1816 to 1835, found my first last weekend and my first walking half the weekend before that, Congrats on your great finds and good hunting.

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Papa Bear that looks like a Large Cent Matron Head if so they were made 1816 to 1835, found my first last weekend and my first walking half the weekend before that, Congrats on your great finds and good hunting.

One of my buddys said I have been on a roll these past few weekends. Why I can appreciate what he said, it is still a matter of luck that my coil passed over the find. Thanks FF. May we all make a great find this coming weekend. PB

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: