🥇 BANNER 1835 2 1/2 Dollar GOLD COIN!!!!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekends neg low tides got me out with the little one strapped to my back!! Went to Eastern Mountain Sports last week and dropped 200$ on a baby backpack (Deuter)! If I want to detect I'll have to bring the 4 1/2 month old, so I did and I'm soooo glad!!! Any way went to an old beach with history, I've found old coins there before! This time I checked an area that was considered empty of targets. After walking about 1/2 mile with nothing but a few junk tics I thought well maybe I should head back to where I have found some great stuff in the past. Starting back I almost turned off the Excal and jogged the 1/2 mile or so to the opposite side of the beach! That little voice in my head said keep it on and just walk faster! About 5 Min's later I get a low tone hit!! Hurray something to dig up! It's a lead bullet, 2 ft on and I dig another bullet! Again about 12 ft away I get a low tone' so I start digging and while I'm digging my Excal starts sounding off! Up pops my 3rd bullet! This is a wast of time I'm not going to dig my 4th bullet! As I move the coil it hits again on the low tone o'brother I'll #$!* dig it, First Scoop nothing yep still in the hole, signal still the same so I sank the scoop in deep pull it out and empty it. Kaboom!! Sitting on top of the sand starring back at me was this beautiful Golden Lady Liberty!!!!! I was stunned looked at her for about 30 secs. then fell to my knees and placed my face next to it for about 1 min totally in awe!!! Carefully put it safely away and started digging..... thinking if there's one then..... well you know I went crazy for an hour and found more bullets! I hammered that area twice before heading home and all the time on cloud nine!!! Bumped into a friend in the parking lot asked how I did! I could'nt talk just showed him with a shaking hand. All I heard was OMG! No way! OMG! No way!! OMG!!! New member of the only club I wanted to join!!!!

HH&GL :skullflag:

SnT

P.s. My buddy asked if it was a fake and is this a joke!!!!

Attachments

• gold 1.jpg
    gold 1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 780
  • gold 2.jpg
    gold 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 807
  • gold 3.jpg
    gold 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 772
  • gold 4.JPG
    gold 4.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 735
  • gold5.JPG
    gold5.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
Upvote 31
OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf n' Turf,proves that you have to keep digging all targets as much as we hate to. Congrats on the find of a lifetime!...

Megagold

Mar 3, 2012
Calif by the Bay
Detector(s) used
MXT- AT Pro- Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and mind blowing... Congrats! I've seen a couple of threads here tonite with with gold coins...just proves they are out there...think lucky! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread