Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the new pinpointer (Teknetics) for a spin today at a local park, and decided to dig some of those "iffy" signals that I had discriminated out, or was simply too lazy to dig on previous trips.

The pinpointer worked like a charm, it cut my recovery time in half, however, I noticed the end of the battery housing kept popping off, so I fixed that right away with a couple turns of electrical tape, that made it nice and secure (and moisture resistant). :D

My heart skipped a beat when that gold looking coin popped out from the depths, I thought I had just recovered my first GOLD coin :D :D. It turned out to be just what it says on the reverse...no cash value :D!

Anyways, thought I'd share my digs, thanks for looking and Happy Hunting/NS.

Attachments

• HPIM0319.JPG
    HPIM0319.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 535
  • HPIM0320.JPG
    HPIM0320.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
NS,

good to here that the pinpointer improved
your hunting times.

Nice finds; I'mgetting tired of those game room
tokens ;) Wish the kids would use them and not
carry them around ;D

have a good un.........

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Good deal NS, I have used the same pointer for 3 months & love it! I have the same problem with the end cap, taped it up too. I dont think ive changed batteries a single time! A couple months back I found that exact same token, cleaned the eagle side first & about stroked out! Turned it over & about threw my detector in the river.........NO CASH VALUE! LOL I was so damned mad I sent the token to a TN member, dont even want the damn thing in my house! keep diggin, that pinpointer will double your clad totals, maybe tripple!!! ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't own a pinpointer but I should....been pretty lucky so far about beatin' find's up as of yet,If I'm out in the field's I don't worry about it too much because I can dig a larger hole,but I'm not out in the field's all the time.Really need to get one NS....Found a coin similar to this one but it the "history channel" on it......Dead Giveaway....Good luck with the new toy and HH!!

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guys!

You were right about the battery plug AP....a few turns of black tape and the problem is solved ;D.

BTW, I felt the same way when I unearthed that "gold" coin :D :D :D! Apparantely, those tokens are pretty common, several ppl have posted exact duplicates of the one I found.

HH/NS

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D on the token!

Gotta have a pinpointer! Don't know what I ever did without one!

Congrats on your finds NH! :)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After working for years without one, It is very nice to have one now....If I only had one 20 years ago!! Way to go! I have a vibra pro and it is really good and water tight!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread