Coat of arms ID?

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Dose anyone recognize this coat of arms? First and only one Ive found and I have no clue. Ive looked at some photos on the web but no luck matching it up. I found it at a spring In N. Fl. that has many years of history going back to the 1500s with the early Spanish explorers till around the mid 1900s as a bath house and resort. Theres still some coloring on it so it probably dates to the latter. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN00670001_3.JPG
    DSCN00670001_3.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
As a random guess is the cross (maltese cross??) in the top left german?
Nice find-gotta love the unique stuff.

Have fun,
Salvager

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find!! will pass it along to some people I know that know about Coat of Arms (Heraldry). will get back to ya!!

OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Thanks again for looking. The upper left corner is a iron cross and the upper right I don't recognize. The lower half is a shield with a cross in the center and a lion on either side facing the shield on there hind quatars. I will try to post a better photo.

OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Better pic.

Attachments

• DSCN00710001.JPG
    DSCN00710001.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 346

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Very nice find! If you happen to research it, the cross is more properly called The Cross Pattée. The Knights Templar (amongst others) used it long before the Germans adopted the shape for the iron cross. I believe the symbol on the opposite side is a variation of the fleur-de-lis. One site I came across referred to it as a triple termination pattern, but I couldn't find their explanation of what the significance of it was.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Thats a super find ! PBK IDed my coat of arms on my bug i am sure he can ID yours too ! ;D

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
I'm no expert on coats of arms but I have pulled old relics out of the ground and yours looks old. IDing the coat of arms is a lot easier with the internet, you'll just have to put some time in searching. Good luck, and that's a really nice find.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spitfire Reddie said:
Thats a super find ! PBK IDed my coat of arms on my bug i am sure he can ID yours too ! ;D
DiggingFl said:
Spitfire who is PBK? Thanks again everyone.
PBK is the all knowing master of ID's of unkown objects as well as an authority on 1000 other subjects! He is also a moderator on this forum. :) I'm sure he or someone else may be able to ID it.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I briefly referred to PBK as Yoda, but he e-mailed me and assured me that he is twice the height and only half the age of said Master... he made no reference to his knowledge, but he IS a bright (but modest) young lad.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice find,

I found the same exact one last yr in a old set of woods. Still had a good bit of paint left on it.

HH Jer

OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Hi Jer , You say you found one just like it . Are you in th U.S. I May need Yoda to ID this thing I must of looked at 1000 coat of arms today.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the reverse look like? It could be a military unit crest. Neat find and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread