Deep silver!!!

Dreamweaver43

May 25, 2006
Wisconsin
Haven't been out in a while, I like to chase waterfowl this time of year so that has occupied me lately.

Went to my favorite park and worked in the woods a bit, since there were no mosquitoes. A little clad. So I decided to work an area that I had pounded to death this past summer with many good finds. I nailed these all in that area, I was shocked!! Everything was beyond 6 inches for sure, one of the Mercs was probably 8-9 inches down. The ground conditions were right for the explorer, everything was crisp in the earphones. So much for thinking that I got it all out of that spot? I had ran my coil over this area multiple times!!!!

Dreamweaver

Attachments

• deep merks.jpg
    deep merks.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 861
Upvote 0

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice finds for going over that spot many times........good thing u decided to try it again

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice mercs,

They can get down there in the right soils.

HH Jer

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations I certainly love them Mercs. Great depth on that detector too. WOW nailed em at 8-9 inches. I have a detector coming, would be a pleasant surprise to get a dime at that depth.

Rev

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
wow, nice musky!!!!...........I mean.......um......silver.

B

Brush Creek

My xlt is not giving me to good finds latly past 5 or 6 inches
have been trying some dinf programs
tryed one just for silver and no luck.
Your dimes are nice finds

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go back to areas every year. The soil moves around alot and can push coins and other objects around deeper and shallower. So keep going back.....

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, I experienced the same thing lately with my Explorer. Went over an area that I am sure I had gone over but this time picked up an IH at about 7 inches. I think it is the wetness in the ground. I know most of my deep good finds have come in the cooler wetter months. It's a great feeling to find stuff in spots that we know we have hunted out under "normal" conditions.

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread