May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !

Nice hole you found there, The 14 is in nice shape abt. EF a 100 dollar coin.
Congrats.

OP
OP
novafinder

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, its nice to finally find some silver or anything for that matter. and it wasn't even a planed hunt just had the detector in the trunk

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive always love the look of old canadian silver :thumb_up:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like sliver to make your day, Congrats and good Hunting!!!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spur of the moment hunts that find old silver coins like those
Canadian quarters you found, are hunts that you usually remember
for the longest time. Nice job..... Gold Nuggets :hello:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, its nice to finally find some silver or anything for that matter. and it wasn't even a planed hunt just had the detector in the trunk

Well now you seen how fast it can happen and if you make a strong effort it will get better and better. I have quite a few early silver coins now so people probably assume it's fairly easy digging them here, and I have been finding them all along, but that's not the case. I think I had about a year and a half in and my only old silver coin was a George III sixpence that was off the shore and very gray. As time went on we really put the time in to find old sites and eventually the silver coins started to come. I went from one in 1.5 years to finding 2 (British, Spanish or French) on the same day many different times. Last year however it seems my luck has changed for the worse and I was back wondering where all the old silver is. (but it doesn't matter because I have already found my share plus some)

PS: Your best finds will be ones you never expected you'd find, or maybe never even thought about. One day it just happens.

OP
OP
novafinder

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah that sounds like my average last year i got one silver dime. so this year i'm doing a lot better, it seems the more effort i put into a hunt the less i get out of it. i guess i have to learn to go with the flow so to speak.
and learning that you have to hunt the iron patch instead of avoiding it helps too.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

GetReal

Apr 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, should keep hoping for beer cans and maybe have some more good finds :laughing7:

okiemayor

May 2, 2012
Lake Texoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 101
Whites Quantum II,White's beach hunter,
Bounty hunter lone star
5 other brands not used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Iron Patch said:
Well now you seen how fast it can happen and if you make a strong effort it will get better and better. I have quite a few early silver coins now so people probably assume it's fairly easy digging them here, and I have been finding them all along, but that's not the case. I think I had about a year and a half in and my only old silver coin was a George III sixpence that was off the shore and very gray. As time went on we really put the time in to find old sites and eventually the silver coins started to come. I went from one in 1.5 years to finding 2 (British, Spanish or French) on the same day many different times. Last year however it seems my luck has changed for the worse and I was back wondering where all the old silver is. (but it doesn't matter because I have already found my share plus some)

PS: Your best finds will be ones you never expected you'd find, or maybe never even thought about. One day it just happens.

It' funny how things happen. The above statement rings true.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I love it when there is more than one silver in the hole and quarters to boot!

Steve

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It' funny how things happen. The above statement rings true.

Another thing that rings true, at least for me, is that every great find has a story just as great to go with it! Mine include finding and having to lug a 12 pound French cannon ball back to the car on a day I hurt my back (just bending over to pick up my shovel of all things) and could have not went hunting.... but like that was going to stop me! Digging my best Rev War button at a field where I failed to find the site the first two tries but had to go again because something was just telling me I had to. Finding another great Rev War button when I had no intentions to go detecting as my guest in town went off to sight see.... but then he called wanting to hunt, and it was the last field we tried to salvage the day, and it just happened to have been plowed. Another is digging a great coin in the middle of a large patch of bullets - it was truly a shocker. And the last that comes to mind is a rare token I found at the very end of one day at a place we didn't even have on the radar anymore but seen it was plowed so gave it a shot. Of course that's the extremely short version but each is a pretty neat story and the memories are every bit as good as the find.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread