1825 Bust Dime

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been md'ing close to 2 months now and found my first Bust Dime. Looks real nice. I've been working and old farm from the late 1700's and have found some interesting stuff. The Dime was 6" down under tree roots. I'll post some of the other finds later as I need some ID on a few items.

This dime was really nice to find...:

Upvote 1

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Eddie, MOST folks detect for years and years and never find a Bust,I know,I'm one of them!!!:laughing7: Good show man!! God Bless Chris

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet dime find! Won't ever find one that old in great condition out here I bet.CARM

JasonHanscom

Jul 16, 2010
Columbia, MD
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Wow, did you clean this @ all, can't believe this coin is in this condition after all those years ....i mean it looks almost mint. Great find!

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin, not something you find every day.

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys!! I was really excited to find it as well. Didn't realize I have such a lucky find. As for the condition, yes, it came out of the ground as is... I hit it with some soapy water and a soft tooth brush to get the dirt off, but that was all. The soil it was in was very rich, black, soil. Smelled of dank earth. Guess that is the reason she's in such good shape?

Funny thing is, I had already thit that spot A FEW DAYS EARLIER, hahaha!! I had the DD coil on and couldn't get real close to the base of the tree I found the dime under. I bought a Sniper 4.5 coil a few days ago and went back over today and re-hit some spots...that was one of them. Glad I did!! I'm all pumped for tomorrow. Gonna' take that Sniper coil to an old school I have been doing pretty well in.

Gonna' wrap up that coin and save it for my daughter. She just turned 2, so I'll wait a few year before I hand it over, haha!!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's MORE than nice, man! Congrats on a superb find...it is in perfect shape. Love those old farms!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two months of detecting and you already dug a Bust dime?
You were probably one of those people that constantly screwed the grade curve in my old math class!
Kudos!
Carl

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would this be considered a "banner" find?

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would seriously consider getting that slabbed. that could command some good money and plus it will protect it. And if you don't know - DO NOT CLEAN with any kind of silver cleaner. Don't do a thing more to it. you've done really well, congrats.

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i would seriously consider getting that slabbed. that could command some good money and plus it will protect it. And if you don't know - DO NOT CLEAN with any kind of silver cleaner. Don't do a thing more to it. you've done really well, congrats.

Thank you!! Nope, not going to do anything to it. Hit it with some hot, soapy, water and a soft toothbrush to get the dirt off and that is all. What is "slabbed".

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a awesome find, A bust congrats!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread