First Colonial Cuff-Link, or half of, plus cool sm. Button.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a plowed field yesterday (sorry busy) And the very first signal was the colonial cuff link, please correct me if I am wrong on the ID, and if anyone recognizes the design please say so, that would be awesome. So I had pretty high hopes. I got 3 or 4 buttons in a rather short time. As there were targets literally on top of the ground I do intend to go back at least one more time.

I had found no less than 10 coppers in this field, and felt confident I would get another, well I did get a copper, well to be more accurate a copper / nickel coin, a belgium 1 frank but only 1951, probably the newest find from this field, but at least I did get a coin. And as I remember it probably the first ever from Belgium coin.

All in All a good day.

Pics.

find12-18.JPG

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 95

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a better chance of finding a different type everytime than getting a match.

UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD

2 & 4 are interesting but still very different than Rick's button. Number 1 seems to be the most common and if I recall you have one pretty close. I actually found a decent number one type too, and if I ever feel like explaining how stupid newbies can be I'll tell you the story. :laughing7: This post has had me calling myself an idiot a few times but you can't change the past!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 & 4 are interesting but still very different than Rick's button. Number 1 seems to be the most common and if I recall you have one pretty close. I actually found a decent number one type too, and if I ever feel like explaining how stupid newbies can be I'll tell you the story. :laughing7: This post has had me calling myself an idiot a few times but you can't change the past!
In a way no.3 is most interesting, as I see very few tombac types found, plenty of copper-alloy & plated around.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way no.3 is most interesting, as I see very few tombac types found, plenty of copper-alloy & plated around.

I've owned a very nice engraved tombac one in the past but wasn't my find. It's funny because I don't think people appreciated it anymore then say the number 1 type, but I agree they should have. I was just commenting on the design but tombac types are definitely not the norm either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread