Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Continental Army Button

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #41
    Charter Member

    Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    4,359
    1060 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    That's a BANNER find in my book Todd. No doubt. Less than 2% of Tnet members will ever recover one. Condition is great. Great recovery Todd, Q.

    OK Moderators-Please make it happen. You have the votes!!! VERY deserving.
    Everyone will make a good find on occasion. The challenge is to find CW relics consistently.

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #42

    Jun 2006
    connecticut
    430
    52 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    I remember that copper spill! Wasn't there a rare Fugio or Machins in there? Or was it determined it wasn't. Cannot remember
    yes there was 1 rare one , 1 scarce club ray and a scarce machin mills , Hogge. thanks for remembering sir .

    hey if its any consellation that button would definately have made the banner on the other forum i belong to
    , no politics there .a find that has a "WOW FACTOR" trumps out everything else.

    Dan
    best finds- George Washington Inaugural Button
    early Militia hat plate 1814 - 1825
    6 colonial copper spill (4-1787 fugios , 1774 machin mills , 1788 new jersey)

  4. #43
    Charter Member
    DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

    Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    4,708
    168 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (11)
    She's a beauty, congratulations Hogge!



  5. #44
    us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    3,212
    790 times
    Won't find one better. I voted banner. As far as politics is concerned, all these forums are the same. Hell I've been kicked out of a few to know. If it ain't politics it's someone's Hugh ego. Being on the banner won't make it a better find.

  6. #45
    Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL
    Last edited by hogge; May 04, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

  7. #46
    us
    Rob

    Apr 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Whites Prism IV
    135
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Holy Crap!!!

  8. #47
    us
    Rob

    Apr 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Whites Prism IV
    135
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Holy Crap!!!

  9. #48
    us
    Jan 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whatever Beeps
    6,347
    302 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    Big Congrats on a Stunning Find Hogge!
    Fantastic condition and lack of flaking, she's a Beauty.
    Late on this reply, I haven't been onsite for a while, but I'm really glad to have caught it.
    Still looking for one of these... (I have gotten one of those 'other Rev buttons' mentioned )
    Keep them old Goodies Comin! HH, Herbie.
    Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition
    www.pinetreeshillings.com

  10. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL

    But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

    I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there.

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

    I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there.

    oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.


    Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway.

  12. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.


    Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway.
    I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

  13. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge

    Guess there's no choice but to leave here and join American Diggers.

  14. #53
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    1,240
    45 times
    Relic Hunting
    Very nice find. Great looking button.

  15. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    Guess there's no choice but to leave here and join American Diggers.
    Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  16. #55
    us
    Jan 2011
    Phoenixville, PA
    White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
    342
    2 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Whether it makes it up there or not... Its a banner find in my mind...

  17. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.
    Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one. I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

  18. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    Guess there's no choice but to leave here and join American Diggers.
    Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?
    Last edited by hogge; May 04, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?

    Just triple your prices and you'll fit right in!

  20. #59
    Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Fisher F-75, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    1,365
    39 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Oh man is that a beauty, congratulations! Definately another banner find!!

    Steve
    Research and ye shall find!

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one. I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!
    Yes 'fall' thanks.

    I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, its made the banner, & was always likely to in my eyes, sometimes it takes time for it to sink in.

    CONGRATS.

    I'm guessing you can feed the family for 2-3 months on that one.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 1777 USA Continental Army Soldier's Button
    By cole1 in forum The Best Of TreasureNet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2012, 03:12 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 13, 2011, 08:06 PM
  3. Continental army pewter USA button & colonial cuff-links
    By cabinfever in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
  4. REV WAR USA CONTINENTAL ARMY BUTTON
    By HEAVYMETALNUT in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2009, 06:32 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2008, 08:31 AM

Search tags for this page

1700 continental army button
,
british rev war pewter button i.b initials
,
colonial era army buttons
,

continental army

,

continental army button

,
continental army button 1b p
,

continental army buttons

,
continental army new jersey uniform buttons
,
continental soldier uniform pewter button for sale
,
idk
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3