Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Continental Army Button

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1060 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    That's a BANNER find in my book Todd. No doubt. Less than 2% of Tnet members will ever recover one. Condition is great. Great recovery Todd, Q.

OK Moderators-Please make it happen. You have the votes!!! VERY deserving.
    Everyone will make a good find on occasion. The challenge is to find CW relics consistently.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Jun 2006
    connecticut
    52 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by hogge View Post
    I remember that copper spill! Wasn't there a rare Fugio or Machins in there? Or was it determined it wasn't. Cannot remember
    yes there was 1 rare one , 1 scarce club ray and a scarce machin mills , Hogge. thanks for remembering sir .

hey if its any consellation that button would definately have made the banner on the other forum i belong to
    , no politics there .a find that has a "WOW FACTOR" trumps out everything else.

Dan
    best finds- George Washington Inaugural Button
    early Militia hat plate 1814 - 1825
    6 colonial copper spill (4-1787 fugios , 1774 machin mills , 1788 new jersey)

Charter Member
    DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    168 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (11)
    She's a beauty, congratulations Hogge!

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Won't find one better. I voted banner. As far as politics is concerned, all these forums are the same. Hell I've been kicked out of a few to know. If it ain't politics it's someone's Hugh ego. Being on the banner won't make it a better find.

Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL
    Last edited by hogge; May 04, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

us
    Rob

Apr 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Whites Prism IV
    5 times
    Holy Crap!!!

us
    Rob

Apr 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Whites Prism IV
    5 times
    Holy Crap!!!

us
    Jan 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whatever Beeps
    302 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    Big Congrats on a Stunning Find Hogge!
    Fantastic condition and lack of flaking, she's a Beauty.
    Late on this reply, I haven't been onsite for a while, but I'm really glad to have caught it.
    Still looking for one of these... (I have gotten one of those 'other Rev buttons' mentioned )
    Keep them old Goodies Comin! HH, Herbie.
    Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition
    www.pinetreeshillings.com

Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL

But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there.

oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.

Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway.

oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.

Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway.
    I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge

Guess there's no choice but to leave here and join American Diggers.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    45 times
    Relic Hunting
    Very nice find. Great looking button.

Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    Jan 2011
    Phoenixville, PA
    White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
    2 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Whether it makes it up there or not... Its a banner find in my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.
    Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one. I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!

Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?
    Last edited by hogge; May 04, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?

Just triple your prices and you'll fit right in!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Fisher F-75, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    39 times
    Oh man is that a beauty, congratulations! Definately another banner find!!

Steve
    Research and ye shall find!

Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one. I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!
    Yes 'fall' thanks.

I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, its made the banner, & was always likely to in my eyes, sometimes it takes time for it to sink in.

CONGRATS.

I'm guessing you can feed the family for 2-3 months on that one.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors