Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother, Roz, and I, went to a heavily pounded spot we have been to over the years. Not much happened for about an hour, til I found this little beauty! I wish I had my camera with me, but I didn't. Was found just off the main trail leading to the main cellar hole. It was in such great shape I thought it could be a repro,(which am still unsure of), but all the holes in this area have produced some banner finds including my RIA Belt Tip, and the CFT. KGIII, 25-83-A. This button gave a solid nickel signal, (as did my 85th Reg. Button), at 2-4". Almost didn't dig it as I thought it would be a shotgun casing. Glad I did. It was on the mound of what looked like an "out" building of some sort for the main cellar hole. Was somewhat protected be rocks from getting any deeper. It may be why it's in such great shape. By the way, if you hadn't seen it, I nicked it slightly with my shovel on the "A". AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! There is still quite a bit of dirt caked into it, am taking my time on cleaning. Measures 23mm. Any suggestions are welcome. P.S.......Also found a Flying Eagle at the same site today.....My second. Will post after cleaning..............Hogge

Attachments

• DSC00881.JPG
    DSC00881.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00883.JPG
    DSC00883.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00885.JPG
    DSC00885.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00887.JPG
    DSC00887.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00888.JPG
    DSC00888.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC00889.JPG
    DSC00889.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC00886.JPG
    DSC00886.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Upvote 9

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
I remember that copper spill! Wasn't there a rare Fugio or Machins in there? Or was it determined it wasn't. Cannot remember

yes there was 1 rare one , 1 scarce club ray and a scarce machin mills , Hogge. thanks for remembering sir .

hey if its any consellation that button would definately have made the banner on the other forum i belong to
, no politics there .a find that has a "WOW FACTOR" trumps out everything else.

Dan

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's a beauty, congratulations Hogge!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Won't find one better. I voted banner. As far as politics is concerned, all these forums are the same. Hell I've been kicked out of a few to know. If it ain't politics it's someone's Hugh ego. Being on the banner won't make it a better find.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more????????? (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL

Last edited:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Congrats on a Stunning Find Hogge!
Fantastic condition and lack of flaking, she's a Beauty.
Late on this reply, I haven't been onsite for a while, but I'm really glad to have caught it.
Still looking for one of these... (I have gotten one of those 'other Rev buttons' mentioned :laughing7:)
Keep them old Goodies Comin! HH, Herbie.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ticm! I don't mean to gloat, but then again maybe I do.....I have already been offered what both goldies TOGETHER...are worth!!!!!!!! Yep.....Need I say more????????? (I might be exaggerating just a little) LOL

But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there. :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But that still doesn't beat what Romeo's Dragoon button is worth, and it didn't make the banner.... so I don't think it's politics, I think it's a lack of knowing what relics are worthy. Today someone could post a common Civil War belt plate, several buttons, and bullets etc., and it would hit the banner in a flash. For coins you can usually look in a book to see rarity and value, but I honestly believe many people just don't understand the difference between a Rev War pewter and a Civil War eagle button. Romeo's find is thought to be one of three, where as there's thousands and thousands and thousands of eagle buttons. You can even make a comparison like that to the more common CW plates because there is a lot of those too... but a lot of people identify a plate as a great find and deserving to be on the banner. Same thing for a nice condition Spanish silver compared to a very rare copper that might not look so great. Many people freak out about the $50 coin but only a small amount do over the one worth $2,000.

I bet if you dug an intact spigot it would be up there. :laughing7:

oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.

Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway. :tongue3:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh, there's a George on the banner, and no disrespect to it, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would take up space that this button could be using. There's absolutely no comparison no matter how good the copper looks.

Guess I'm talking to myself, but maybe I am anyway. :tongue3:
I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I GREATLY respect your opinion IP, (I think you know that anyways). It does seem a little strange, at times, at some of the decisions being made by,"the powers that be". I've always been on the bottom and probably always will be. Maybe that's why I have such disrespect for authority! LOL! (but OH SO TRUE!!) In my world, it's all about "The Ball Bust" anyways!! I just had someone put the "squeeze" on mine this time! Hogge

Guess there's no choice but to leave here and join American Diggers.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whether it makes it up there or not... Its a banner find in my mind...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if you were not so interested in the money, this would full on death ears.
Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one.:icon_scratch: I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications??? Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....I hear there is an opening. Think I'll get an interview with my qualifications??? Or am I OVER-qualified for the position?

Just triple your prices and you'll fit right in!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man is that a beauty, congratulations! Definately another banner find!!

Steve

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you mean...."Fall on deaf ears?". I know that the Brits have their own way of saying things, but even I didn't quite get the meaning on this one.:icon_scratch: I guess we all have different priorities and situations in life. My top one is supporting my family.( A wife and 4 kids), I guess that means......... MAKING MONEY!

Yes 'fall' thanks.

I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, its made the banner, & was always likely to in my eyes, sometimes it takes time for it to sink in.

CONGRATS.

I'm guessing you can feed the family for 2-3 months on that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread