Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother, Roz, and I, went to a heavily pounded spot we have been to over the years. Not much happened for about an hour, til I found this little beauty! I wish I had my camera with me, but I didn't. Was found just off the main trail leading to the main cellar hole. It was in such great shape I thought it could be a repro,(which am still unsure of), but all the holes in this area have produced some banner finds including my RIA Belt Tip, and the CFT. KGIII, 25-83-A. This button gave a solid nickel signal, (as did my 85th Reg. Button), at 2-4". Almost didn't dig it as I thought it would be a shotgun casing. Glad I did. It was on the mound of what looked like an "out" building of some sort for the main cellar hole. Was somewhat protected be rocks from getting any deeper. It may be why it's in such great shape. By the way, if you hadn't seen it, I nicked it slightly with my shovel on the "A". AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! There is still quite a bit of dirt caked into it, am taking my time on cleaning. Measures 23mm. Any suggestions are welcome. P.S.......Also found a Flying Eagle at the same site today.....My second. Will post after cleaning..............Hogge

Attachments

• DSC00881.JPG
    DSC00881.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00883.JPG
    DSC00883.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00885.JPG
    DSC00885.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00887.JPG
    DSC00887.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00888.JPG
    DSC00888.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC00889.JPG
    DSC00889.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC00886.JPG
    DSC00886.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Upvote 9

fieldslayer

Jun 13, 2010
relocated south jersey veteran finder
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Arty , and all kidding aside Mr. Hogge , I'm late getting in here, but naturally, oddly enough , you've got my vote for this killer rare find all the way !!! A word to the wise ; don't forget to search this area another an extra couple days and you can stack your bank vault to the top by finding more priceless odds and ends. ( why, you may find enough more to equip an entire Continental regiment! ) Our hero achieves this success every outing , on every show, as his totals declare. It used to be said in jest " If you saw it in print , it must be true." Today I suppose this ignorance more than applies to television as well. At any rate, continued luck and I'll be looking forward to your next "BOOM BABY !!!" posts. - FS

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, congrats.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This button,(that I sold), is now for sale at "The Historical Shop" in LA. (Under Rev War Buttons) He's a nice man. Sells alot of stuff. If you read the entire description, you can see about where I found it. :icon_scratch: Good luck finding the cellar hole though!:laughing9:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find:headbang:

Very high on my list..

Blaze
Johnny B.!! Thanks for the comment. This kind of stuff, although few and far between, helps keep me goin' through all the crap I find! Just waitin' for fall now. Keep the faith. Hogge

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the sale
wow he's got it going for $1200 smackeroos , i hope you got atleast half that Hogge ...

Dan
I got 8. Thought it was fair. He'll get at least 11 if not the full 12. Talked to him on the phone. Nice guy. He told me what he was going to sell it for when he made me the offer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread