Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin Spill Site, best weekend yet

Been a while since i have posted here. Purchased a 950 eclipse, and 4x6 DD coils about a month or so ago.
Im enoying my v3i alot more with optional coils. Really liking the 4x6 for hi trash, and target seperation.
Decided to hit a new area, that i have been scoping out lately. Walked up and found a 26 wheat on the surface, and then a 77 canadian dime shortly after 3" deep. Started hunting hard, and only one more wheat an hour later.
Decided to move around some, and after awhile i found a 20'x35' area where i killed it.
Ended up hunting this area the rest of the day, and the following morning.

Pulled out a total of:

58 wheat pennies, some early key dates 1909, 1910s,1911s, etc., no vdb, but the 1911s is worth $50 @ G4.
1 1900 indian penny
6 Buffalos, only 2 with dates
1 1962 silver dime
1 14gram .925 sterling silver ear ring.
1 61 gram mens sterling chain bracelet.
1 brass keen kutter padlock, missing the latch.
1 brass keychain with the mississippi flag, with Jefferson Davis's Face on it.
3 mississippi tax tokens
1 plated gold doo-hickey, with possible fake diamonds
1 copper chilean 1944 peso
A ton of trash and nails

There wasnt much grass, and the soil was sandy and easy to dig. Not sure why i didnt find more silver coins, unless someone cherrypicked the site a long time ago. Found all of these coins with my 4x6 DD. Most targets were shallow, found 8 wheats in one hole. Cant wait to get out there with the eclipse 950, and hopefully find some more stuff that was just out of reach.

Would post pics, but still working on getting everything cleaned up.
Need some advice on how to clean the chain bracelet. The chain is tarnished bad in some spots and there is some blue oxidation as well. Tried electrolysis, but looks like i would have to electro each link, and im not that good at it yet, i guess.
Thinking about throwing in the tumbler, but not sure if that would be a good idea.
Its a nice chain, but scratched up a lil on the rectangular plate part, so not sure if the tumbler would hurt it much.
Wish i could find more places like this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions