romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:

I was out of province this past weekend and was able to touch base with fellow detectorist Hans R. Duerty for a hunt in his neck of the woods. Hans took me to a prime area that has seen many awesome finds and as it had just been plowed the potential for many more awesome finds was there! We only had about 4 hours of daylight to hunt and there were about 300 acres so I would say we gave it the old college try! It obviously has not been hunted out as I was able to score these goodies…musket balls are always welcome under my coil…and a crusty George II half penny which may clean up some. Sometimes it’s more about the hunt than the finds and finally getting to meet and hunt with ole’ Hans was an evening well spent!

Attachments

• 30 April 2012 003.jpg
    30 April 2012 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 30 April 2012 001.jpg
    30 April 2012 001.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 1

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kool. Lettering looks a little "weird" on that coin. Is there something under the "R", or is it corrosion? Looks like a re-punch. Too bad it's so crusty. Nice finds........Hogge

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always nice to just get out, something I need to start doing! Finds are just a bonus!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kool. Lettering looks a little "weird" on that coin. Is there something under the "R", or is it corrosion? Looks like a re-punch. Too bad it's so crusty. Nice finds........Hogge

It's a super rare, as yet unknown (but extremely valuable) counterfeit...but alas...condition makes it worthless...:laughing7:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the first time you got dirty for awhile ?
Hey a GEO II day is not a bad day. I've not found one this year yet.
Not to mention new friends, and great diggin weather.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You know,that's something I'd like to say and dig
When I get a chance to flip some sods over,I hope to see Georgie staring right back, good to see some oldies still coming out of those old sites, gotta love the plough!!

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Was great to meet you and get in some digging. My finds from the hunt were about the same, one George II and a few musket balls. I always enjoy that site as the potential is always there.......cheers!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the iron object part of a snaffle bit? The musket balls look pretty large -- .72 or so? Were you in Brown Bess country? What a pleasant haul of loot!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the iron object part of a snaffle bit? The musket balls look pretty large -- .72 or so? Were you in Brown Bess country? What a pleasant haul of loot!

Yep...It's part of a snaffle bit. Musket balls are .69 I believe...French calibre.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed this....

'Sometimes it’s more about the hunt than the finds'

Your right, we have the privilege of walking land that others did years before us & taking in the environment around us, much like fishing. I don't enjoy catching nothing, as much as landing a big one, but I enjoy it none the less. Your day did not seem all that bad & you were over land that had potential, which keeps you thinking...

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds. love those old coins

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you dig stuff like that you know you had a shot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions