TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a stressful day at work I headed to the park near my house to grab a few relaxing hours to my self. I was searching a patch of grass between the edge of the road and the sidewalk and found a few bits of old costume jewelry. Kind of odd because none of the pieces seem to fit together. the clip doesnt appear to have ever been attached to the back of the piece. there are no weld marks or anything. Im going to search the area again after the rain stops this weekend.

image-1301120445.jpg

I meandered over to the batting cage area and was quickly displaced by a family there with their children and as I rounded the corner of the fence to get out of their way I got a nice shallow signal falling in the nickle/pull tab range on my XLT and I uncovered this sterling bracelet just an inch or so down. The day is getting better!

image-1271818322.jpg

I pocketed the bracelet and the next signal was a junk watch just on top of the ground. I moved about three feet from where I found the bracelet and my next signal was right next to the fence. This area is laden with pieces of aluminum wire used to attach the fence to the frame. I cut a plug expecting to find one of these pieces of wire and was very pleased to see this little beauty peeking up at me.

image-953641697.jpg

She sure looked to be gold but my eyes arent what they used to be and I had to wait till I got home to be sure. 10K gold. :) What a way to end the day!

image-2421438071.jpg

image-1677131278.jpg

I hope Ive done these attachments right. Its the first time Ive uploaded anything . Y'all have a great night!

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest: