Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pranked??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As someone that has found four of these tags while detecting I just laugh and go on about my business. Its all in good fun. A couple I have taken out where I am going to hunt again. A couple I have left for others to find. If you watch my videos on YouTube (izman65) you will see where I found them and even reburied them. Jack Squat rocks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Apr 2012
    Wa. State
    Quattro, DeLeon, Tiger Shark, Garrett probe , 5" concentric , 10.5 " DD & 18" DD for minelabs. 8" coil hard wired to TS
    47 times
    The other day I was about to give up on an area because It appeared there wasnt even clad to be found, when I started finding zincs all over the surface of the ground spaced about 5 feet apart. After picking up 22 cents and finding nothing else I decided I had been pranked.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Apr 2011
    minelab explorer II
    10 times
    i love those tags, but there is some debate.

us
    Jun 2007
    Southwest Michigan
    Whites V3i, MXT & Beach Hunter I.D.
    181 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    That's really neat

us
    Mar 2005
    East Tennessee
    AT Pro
    50 times
    After having the entire day to think about it I draw the conclusion that it was a pretty neat thing to find. I wish he would've left a email or contact number so that whoever finds one gets to hunt with him sometime. Otherwise it could seem discouraging. I hunted a little while longer and found some clad and then left. I think the concept is rather cool. Just wish it came with a reward!!
    Last edited by Bhodge; May 05, 2012 at 10:16 PM.

us
    Mar 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
    159 times
    Metal Detecting
    funny...I would love it!!...I can see my brother putting something like that in one of my hunting spots
    Xhunter911 likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Greenwood SC
    18 times
    Prospecting
    I think it's hilarious. Cool too.

If it keeps up it may gain as much notoriety with detectorist as the "Kilroy was here" character during WWII did with soldiers. I think more metal detector users should start leaving their calling "cards".

Just think if you find something cool or valuable in a place that's already been hunted by "Jack Squat" or whomever hunted before you it gives you some pretty righteous bragging rights too. If there was a way to contact the one who left the card you could needle him good about being a lackadaisical detectorist.
    So far, this is the longest I've ever lived. ~ Sigman Fraud

us
    Feb 2009
    Minnesota
    Garrett Ace 350
    7 times
    I personally would love to find a tag. In a weird way its an interesting idea. You know who hunts in your area now and see where else they hit or even a new person to hunt with.

Charter Member

Apr 2012
    Desert
    Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
    242 times
    I'd like to see a Tag+Find post where people post things they've scored after finding someone's tag. Then let's see what machines the two were using.

I doubt there's a tag within 500 miles of where I am. I'd be surprised if there's one on the continent at all!
    Last edited by Ammonhotep; May 08, 2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Compulsive spelling corrector.
    -- Ammo

"A man who has lived in many places is not likely to be deceived by the local errors of his native village; the scholar has lived in many times and is therefore in some degree immune from the great cataract of nonsense that pours from the press and the microphone of his own age."

~ C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

“Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
    Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?”

~ T.S. Eliot, The Rock

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    75 times
    I think it's funny and harmless! A friend said he was going to place something like that at a favourite site of mine, he never did, yet, LOL. I found a gold 14K ring there Friday and about $6.50 in change. HH, Mike

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    617 times
    Look, if I happen to find a tag like that I'm going to enjoy the joke. It's no different than carving your name in a tree to say you were here. If you have no sense of humor then maybe it's time to look for something else to do. Everything we find was left for us whether intentionally or not, so what's wrong with leaving something in the ground? Every house I've ever built has a penny from that year nailed to a stud, with my name written next to it. We leave something for people to find to say "I was here" and for all you know in 40 or 50 years those tags might be prized finds among th'rs so enjoy the joke, and if you are upset about it, well maybe you need to lighten up and let the hobby be more fun.
    diggummup likes this.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Feb 2011
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer II
    55 times
    I planted that tag as a calling card like some say not to be messing you up or distract you from finding anything. Kinda like a friendly gesture to think ah crap ol Jack Squat was already here. This is a link to my tag video!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    625 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    well at least you know the spots "not a virgin" and has been hit recently -- so its nice in that sort of way.

us
    Mar 2011
    Chandler Tx
    White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
    42 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think thats great. I'd think it was hilarious if I hit one of those... kinda like those "Easter Eggs" in video games.
    If you ever hit the big one detecting....follow the 3S rule. Shoot. Shovel and Shut up.

us
    Jul 2006
    Southeast, Pennsylvania
    Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excalibur II
    79 times
    I have to say it's funny in my book.
    Stand up for what's right, even if your standing alone.

"Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex."
    Frank Zappa

us
    Nov 2008
    Des Moines, Wa
    Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasDigger View Post
    Dang Crankyolman, you're crankyolmachine reads foil as silver? Time for an upgrade bro! Leaving foil in the ground won't do any harm to Mr. Squat. He don't dig those signals!
    I'm willing to bet when it's squished into a solid little ball your machine will read it as silver too. Well maybe not on an Etrac but I bet it dont read as foil. As far as Jack Squat not digging foil, Its attitudes like that that got me that nice big gold ring. I see I'm in the minority here but I don't see the humor in it and dont want to waste what preciouse little detecting time I have digging up everybody elses "calling cards" it's just trash to me and has no business being planted there.
    Last edited by crankyolman22; May 06, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1821 times
    Congratulation!
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

us
    Sep 2009
    Texas
    E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyolman22 View Post
    I'm willing to bet when it's squished into a solid little ball your machine will read it as silver too. Well maybe not on an Etrac but I bet it dont read as foil. As far as Jack Squat not digging foil, Its attitudes like that that got me that nice big gold ring. I see I'm in the minority here but I don't see the humor in it and dont want to waste what preciouse little detecting time I have digging up everybody elses "calling cards" it's just trash to me and has no business being planted there.
    Some people dig for gold and others dig for coins and relics. Jacksquat is more of a coin hunter. I on the other hand go for gold on occasion and do dig foil signals. I've never mistaken any foil for silver. I've dug deep nails, that kind of sound good, but not foil.
    Realredrebel likes this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TejasDigger?feature=mhum

Dec 2007
    mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
    1 times
    Ok, now you've done it----your going viral---lol Send me two to plant and pm me with cost ---if you are willing----lol
    Don

Nov 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
    219 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat Digger View Post
    Careful with the zincins ppl might view that has trash lol.

Yeah, but I'd like to have something that is falling apart faster than me!
    Carl

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors