Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Pranked??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    805 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Look, if I happen to find a tag like that I'm going to enjoy the joke. It's no different than carving your name in a tree to say you were here. If you have no sense of humor then maybe it's time to look for something else to do. Everything we find was left for us whether intentionally or not, so what's wrong with leaving something in the ground? Every house I've ever built has a penny from that year nailed to a stud, with my name written next to it. We leave something for people to find to say "I was here" and for all you know in 40 or 50 years those tags might be prized finds among th'rs so enjoy the joke, and if you are upset about it, well maybe you need to lighten up and let the hobby be more fun.
    diggummup likes this.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Feb 2011
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer II
    54 times
    I planted that tag as a calling card like some say not to be messing you up or distract you from finding anything. Kinda like a friendly gesture to think ah crap ol Jack Squat was already here. This is a link to my tag video!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    761 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    well at least you know the spots "not a virgin" and has been hit recently -- so its nice in that sort of way.

us
    Mar 2011
    Chandler Tx
    White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think thats great. I'd think it was hilarious if I hit one of those... kinda like those "Easter Eggs" in video games.
    If you ever hit the big one detecting....follow the 3S rule. Shoot. Shovel and Shut up.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Southeast, Pennsylvania
    Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excalibur II
    145 times
    I have to say it's funny in my book.
    Stand up for what's right, even if your standing alone.

"Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex."
    Frank Zappa

us
    Nov 2008
    Des Moines, Wa
    Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasDigger View Post
    Dang Crankyolman, you're crankyolmachine reads foil as silver? Time for an upgrade bro! Leaving foil in the ground won't do any harm to Mr. Squat. He don't dig those signals!
    I'm willing to bet when it's squished into a solid little ball your machine will read it as silver too. Well maybe not on an Etrac but I bet it dont read as foil. As far as Jack Squat not digging foil, Its attitudes like that that got me that nice big gold ring. I see I'm in the minority here but I don't see the humor in it and dont want to waste what preciouse little detecting time I have digging up everybody elses "calling cards" it's just trash to me and has no business being planted there.
    Last edited by crankyolman22; May 06, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1898 times
    Congratulation!
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

us
    Sep 2009
    Texas
    E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyolman22 View Post
    I'm willing to bet when it's squished into a solid little ball your machine will read it as silver too. Well maybe not on an Etrac but I bet it dont read as foil. As far as Jack Squat not digging foil, Its attitudes like that that got me that nice big gold ring. I see I'm in the minority here but I don't see the humor in it and dont want to waste what preciouse little detecting time I have digging up everybody elses "calling cards" it's just trash to me and has no business being planted there.
    Some people dig for gold and others dig for coins and relics. Jacksquat is more of a coin hunter. I on the other hand go for gold on occasion and do dig foil signals. I've never mistaken any foil for silver. I've dug deep nails, that kind of sound good, but not foil.
    Realredrebel likes this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TejasDigger?feature=mhum

Dec 2007
    mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
    1 times
    Ok, now you've done it----your going viral---lol Send me two to plant and pm me with cost ---if you are willing----lol
    Don

Nov 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
    308 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat Digger View Post
    Careful with the zincins ppl might view that has trash lol.

Yeah, but I'd like to have something that is falling apart faster than me!
    Carl

us
    Nov 2008
    Des Moines, Wa
    Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasDigger View Post
    Some people dig for gold and others dig for coins and relics. Jacksquat is more of a coin hunter. I on the other hand go for gold on occasion and do dig foil signals. I've never mistaken any foil for silver. I've dug deep nails, that kind of sound good, but not foil.
    You assume these are ordinary balls of foil and ring up as such but the way they were rolled and squished makes them ring as silver coins. I guess you just have to run into them to understand. But my point is, we dig enough trash without adding more for other detectorists to find and when you choose to plant trash don't be surprised when someone else plants a bunch of trash in your favorite spot for you to find.

us
    Sep 2009
    Texas
    E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyolman22 View Post
    You assume these are ordinary balls of foil and ring up as such but the way they were rolled and squished makes them ring as silver coins. I guess you just have to run into them to understand. But my point is, we dig enough trash without adding more for other detectorists to find and when you choose to plant trash don't be surprised when someone else plants a bunch of trash in your favorite spot for you to find.
    You guys have different foil up there I guess, lol. Like I said earlier, he's only planting one or two per site. I think we've established that most noncranky people think it's cool, so the planting of the tags will continue.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TejasDigger?feature=mhum

us
    Apr 2012
    Indiana
    FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
    7 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think it's funny! I would love to find one!

us
    real pirate

May 2011
    NE Ohio
    Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
    192 times
    Don't be ticked.....at least you found some copper......it gets the same price as all copper per pound...add it to your stash

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsors