Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by an obstacle course on the Army post where I work for a quick hunt Friday. This is just one obstacle on the course I hit a few times over summer then I detect the whole course about once a year. Found about $4.30 in American coins, 2.05 in Euros and this nice 585/14K gold ring. Not bad for 15 minutes.
4May12GringO.jpg

Gold ring 585 stamp.
4May12GringI.jpg

Got out for 1.5 hrs on a field this evening where our town supposedly first started, was moved in 1250. Only found a coin from 1874 and a coin from 1924. The field borders a stream and as I approached the stream I saw this tree that beavers have been chewing on. I looked around the tree and thought about how large the slivers of wood the beavers can hack off, and this is hardwood.
Beaver1.jpg

I walked off detecting and when I came back I looked down into the stream near the tree and saw a young beaver swimming around having fun for a short time before he saw me and swam under some tree roots and poked its head out.
7Maz12Beaver2.jpg

I think I'm going to trap the beavers and let them go loose on my firewood, LOL. After seeing the beaver, I walked back to my car and got the camera. I'll get back there later this summer and take pictures of the tree to see how far they have gotten cutting down that tree, the bigger tree is atleast 3'/100cm wide. Just thought I would share this cool experience I had detecting. HH, Mike
7May12Beaver3.jpg

Upvote 1

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring. those dang beavers are destructive critters

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that gold !!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Mike! Love the pics from beavers work....Do You have many of them in bavaria? We get more and more up here.

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't see too many beavers around my direct area. Now that I think about it, there is the highschool sports field to the left of the trees, making it dangerous if the trees fall but the way they are growing they should fall into the farm field. My point about that is, the city will probably come and cut down the trees and possibly relocate the beavers. I hope to get out today, been awhile. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread