Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an amazing day hunting at one of my favorite sites with SouthJerseyJim and his Mom, our secret weapon. See Jim's banner post for more pics. There were signals everywhere in the newly plowed field. I hit a high copper signal and out came the 1745 KG looking good. Buttons and more buttons for all with odds and ends including another well worn George ll. Jim held up something and yellled over, GW button and read the button, Long Live The President. It was special seeing the disbelief and excitement on his face as he held up his first of the GW's, we were all high fiveing each other in disbelief. Another signal and one of my wish list buttons arrived. The third GW button of the day with the shank intact, WOW... What a exciting day for all of us... Long Live The President, gotta love it. Art

Attachments

• 1745.jpg
    1745.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 5 7 2012.jpg
    5 7 2012.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Button close up.jpg
    Button close up.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 151
  • GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 668
  • GW Button.JPG
    GW Button.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still on cloud nine just being there and seeing this happen! I am glad that I could be your secret weapon again:):) Again thanks Arty for the invite and I am so happy that you got to find a find of a lifetime!!!!!!! Hopefully one more to find, just hope I can find it an experience the thrill! Will post my finds later on.

It always pays to be nice to the farmers. One more? I think there were two shirts. Now theres six cuff buttons to be found. I see a GW in your future. Very glad you and Jim were there, it was a fantastic hunt and one I will always remember... Thank you.

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang I was rooting for him too...

Me too. Well yesterday without a doubt beats kayaking across the Delaware with equipment on our backs and coming back with nada... We have time to hit it even harder before the farmer plants.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, congrats on finding a highly prized GW :occasion14: I guess the known examples of this button have now increased significantly - LOL

The KG is a real beauty too!

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, congrats on finding a highly prized GW :occasion14: I guess the known examples of this button have now increased significantly - LOL

The KG is a real beauty too!

Thanks Steve, unbelievable day finding this rare bird. Yes the known examples definitly have increased and I would love to add to that total again. Arty

fieldslayer

Jun 13, 2010
relocated south jersey veteran finder
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Arty ! I got a feeling this field is'nt done yet by any means. .....wondering if the one I have came from anywhere nearby??? Keep on swinging , you're on a HOT streak fo' sho' !!! ...as a fellow turtle rescuer, you deserve the best. (PS - this is makin' me feel like a vacation home....)

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Fantastic coin, and great hunt, keep them coming, their shape is unreal

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have been there at first light but had to drop the injured turtle off. Dont think he is going to make it...
First light is right :icon_scratch: turtle ? I used to get them out of harms way up until I was almost run down by some of these shoobies who think the Atlantic Ocean is drying up ::) during the weekends , there are so many here the locals have a saying , if their in the street .. their dead meat .. sorry off topic but , Save the turtles .. Ya did it man .. your GW button belongs up top and it's nice to know those babies are showing up across the Delaware River , not too far away from Independence Hall . Congrats :occasion14:

Dawg

Last edited:

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Your generosity as a host is amazing! What and a site and finds you made, congratulations all,.....cheers!

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Arty ! I got a feeling this field is'nt done yet by any means. .....wondering if the one I have came from anywhere nearby??? Keep on swinging , you're on a HOT streak fo' sho' !!! ...as a fellow turtle rescuer, you deserve the best. (PS - this is makin' me feel like a vacation home....)

What, your in a vacation home.:laughing7: The firlds in NJ miss you bud... Thanks

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First light is right
icon_scratch.gif
turtle ? I used to get them out of harms way up until I was almost run down by some of these shoobies who think the Atlantic Ocean is drying up
rolleyes.gif
during the weekends , there are so many here the locals have a saying , if their in the street .. their dead meat .. sorry off topic but , Save the turtles .. Ya did it man .. your GW button belongs up top and it's nice to know those babies are showing up across the Delaware River , not too far away from Independence Hall , Congrats
occasion14.gif
Artie

Dawg

Thanks Dawg, The plow split a Box Turtle, I had to give him a chance. Dr Steve had to put him down. Shoobies go home!!! I guess I will start practicing now. Just a few weeks left and the islands going to sink from the weight of the vacationers... Very sweet day finding another KG in remarkable shape and I swear I heard angels sing when the GW arrived. It must of been my mind playing tricks on me. Arty

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still hear the angels Art. "Dig the iron out....." They are also asking why this bad boy isnt up top. Not everyday does one find a 5,000 dollar button.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats Arty on some awesome digging. I see a another GW in your future :notworthy:

Bubba65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread