Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an amazing day hunting at one of my favorite sites with SouthJerseyJim and his Mom, our secret weapon. See Jim's banner post for more pics. There were signals everywhere in the newly plowed field. I hit a high copper signal and out came the 1745 KG looking good. Buttons and more buttons for all with odds and ends including another well worn George ll. Jim held up something and yellled over, GW button and read the button, Long Live The President. It was special seeing the disbelief and excitement on his face as he held up his first of the GW's, we were all high fiveing each other in disbelief. Another signal and one of my wish list buttons arrived. The third GW button of the day with the shank intact, WOW... What a exciting day for all of us... Long Live The President, gotta love it. Art

Attachments

• 1745.jpg
    1745.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 5 7 2012.jpg
    5 7 2012.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Button close up.jpg
    Button close up.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 151
  • GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 668
  • GW Button.JPG
    GW Button.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Quind, your right, it was a hunt of a lifetime...

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the site and worked it hard looking for another GW button. Every low signal was a oh boy but no cigars. I will be back again.

Attachments

• 5 14 12.jpg
    5 14 12.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 82
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 101

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
artyfacts said:
Went back to the site and worked it hard looking for another GW button. Every low signal was a oh boy but no cigars. I will be back again.

I would set up camp there until my machine went quite.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lastminute713

May 28, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art,

When we were kids we would treasure hunt back in the small village of Chesterfield, CT. After seeing this find it is time for me to get my Metal detector out and a trip planned to South Jersey to go Treasure Hunting with you and your friend South Jersey Jim. I am also waiting for you to plan a trip so we can go Treasure Hunting here in New Hamsphire. Hopefully this will be soon.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! those are simply Amazingly Awesome finds!!!, I don't think a GW button has ever been found in N.W. Georgia
And I can't really ever see one being found here, But it's still on my wish list. Congradulations on some Fantastic finds.....HH

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Freakin' Fantastic Site... Great finds throughout. Congratulations.

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art,

When we were kids we would treasure hunt back in the small village of Chesterfield, CT. After seeing this find it is time for me to get my Metal detector out and a trip planned to South Jersey to go Treasure Hunting with you and your friend South Jersey Jim. I am also waiting for you to plan a trip so we can go Treasure Hunting here in New Hamsphire. Hopefully this will be soon.

Hello Todd, You better get that detector working. I will be up in the fall for a two part stop. CT first, going to hunt some old foundations I bottle dug on as a kid along with the big man made rock cave in the woods by the old hermit house. Remember the size of the tree growing out on the top of the cave? Then to your neck of the woods in New Hamsphire, get out the maps. Arty

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally Awesome....Totally........HH

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally Awesome....Totally........HH

Thanks Greg, There is always a chance of putting a GW under your coil. If these GW's came from a vest I was told there might of been thirteen buttons. The next plowing will be very suspenseful with every sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread