🥇 BANNER 1789 GW Cuff Buttons! Colonial button bonanza.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well today was a day of legend. We hit up a spot that Arty is very familiar with and has done good in the past. With a recent deep plow and some nice days of rain this old tired field sprung life again. The day started off well with an indian head in an adjacent field but when we got into this particular field we were like a bunch of kids in a candy store. Button after button just came flowing out of the ground. Most of them were so shallow I just used my pro pointer and my hand to dig them up. This was the case with the FIRST most cherished and coveted of all buttons popped out of the ground and saw day light after 223 years in the ground. A small beautifully patina'd GW Cuff button. Number 13 on J Harold Cobbs catalog I believe. Small Wreath Copper variety as I don't see any stars. After cheers and coming down from the clouds we started hunting again. Not even 30 minutes later I was yelling over to Arty again saying"I found the other button in the pair!" In equally great shape! Needless to say these will be nearly impossible to top and have been on my wishlist for sometime.It was also on Arty's wish list to find one and see his post for a very amazing coincidence finding one for himself! I found over 26 buttons, some beautiful cufflinks, a silver piece of a shoe buckle,some indians a horse decorative shield piece and a flint. I had a blast today thanks again Arty and Mom:headbang::headbang:
P5060672.jpg

P5070681.jpg

P5070684.jpg

P5070688.jpg

P5060678.jpg

P5070692.jpg

P5070693.jpg

P5070696.jpg

P5070698.jpg

P5070697.jpg

Upvote 3

lastminute713

May 28, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I have been told that some Button Collectors have looked for these buttons for a lifetime. To find 3 in one day says it all. I have an older Metal detector in my closet I haven't use for years. I grew up with Artie in a small village in Connecticut when we were kids, age 5-15. Its time for me to pay him a visit and bring mine down or for him to come visit me in my small vilage of New Hampshire and start diggin. Maybe we will find some early minted Colonial coins. Hew Hampshire was one of the first colonies to have minted coins some 250 years ago.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !! That is what it is all about right there. Congratulations.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congratulations on your GW finds Jim!
Now that's a 'once in a lifetime' day man!

Dave

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one great day of hunting---congrats to you---the T2 didn't let you down---:laughing7::hello2:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow you all know what your doing lol . i have to hunt solo you all r luck man im trying to get some of my friends in to this but they just look at me like im a nut job lol. its ok more silver for me ha ha . thanks for posting sweet stuff right there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread