3 Silver Day

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a nearby City park on Sunday with some friends. They are renovating the park and had done more grading since last time I was there. I hunted for a while and had to take a break to the convenience store. When I came back I found a graded area and there was a hole that was a few inches deep. I was using the Minelab X-terra 705 with the 6 inch HF DD coil and so I stuck the coil down in the hole and immediately got a strong 42 TID. The ground was very dry and I stuck the lesche in and popped out a piece of the black dirt. I could immediately see the edge of a silver quarter and so I called Russell over to take a look. I reached down to grab the quarter and it felt thick and realized it was two quarters stacked one on top of the other. Okay here is the weird part, one of the quarters was a 1963 D and the other was a 1947 D. I thought that was a big age discrepency for them to be together like that but I wasn't complaining. I hunted from around for a few hours and found a few wheat pennys and some clad. I went where Russell was hunting and he had found a couple of Mercs. I didn't want to get in front of Russell so I asked him about the area that he had already hunted. I got a real jumpy 46 TID and as I narrowed it down it went to 44. I dug down about 4 inches and pulled out silver quarter #3 for the day a 1952 S. Stayed for a couple more hours after we had some lunch at the Dairy Queen. Total count for the day was 1947 D, 1952 S, 1963 D, Washington Quarters, 6 clad dimes, 1 1940 nickel, 1941, 42D,34, 44D, 56D Wheat pennys, 10 other pennys. It was a lot of fun and a great day detecting but I am wore out from all the swingin and the heat !!!!

52a016ea.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
Wow being new to the hobby you did great! They are nice finds and there are so many. Congrats!

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not new to the hobby at all 20+ years of detecting. I just don't post on this forum much but since they have the app for the Ipad now I am spending more time here.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds....and your Silvers were Quarters to BooT! :icon_thumright:..Looks like you found a Great Spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread