Old riverboat stop. Darn high water...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

gr
    Sep 2009
    Hades
    XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC (Sunray X-5, Coiltek Platypus, Detech Ultimate 13"), Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
    853 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Old riverboat stop. Darn high water...

Well, it poured here in southern N.B. over the last few days. I moved to a new area, and not far down the road is an old riverboat stop. Upon hitting the beach, you could tell it wouldn't be that great of a hunt. The water is so high, it really cut down on my hunting area.

One of the ladies at the beach was happy to see the 20 + nails I cleaned up. I gave her little guy the $1.21 I found in clad. He tried to eat the green copper penny. Oops!

I did find a couple of old spoons and a neat little thimble. The thimble is silver, with an "S" hallmark in a shield. I can't find any information on it. The fork is electroplated. The Oxford spoon (circa 1908) is silver plated. Hopefully, I'll find some more turn of the century items as the water recedes.

Happy Hunting.

HARRISON FISHER & CO
    Sheffield
    At Trafalgar St. (1897-1899) and Trafalgar St, Surrey Lane, Wellington St and 9 Eyre Lane (1900-1925), Sheffield . Became Harrison Fisher & Co in 1900. The firm ceased the manufacture of electroplated wares in 1925 but continued the trade. The firm used the trade mark PELHAM PLATE

Metal detecting addiction counselling... does it exist?

us
    Melissa

Aug 2005
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
    107 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by GioTheGreek
    Well, it poured here in southern N.B. over the last few days. I moved to a new area, and not far down the road is an old riverboat stop. Upon hitting the beach, you could tell it wouldn't be that great of a hunt. The water is so high, it really cut down on my hunting area.

One of the ladies at the beach was happy to see the 20 + nails I cleaned up. I gave her little guy the $1.21 I found in clad. He tried to eat the green copper penny. Oops!

I did find a couple of old spoons and a neat little thimble. The thimble is silver, with an "S" hallmark in a shield. I can't find any information on it. The fork is electroplated. The Oxford spoon (circa 1908) is silver plated. Hopefully, I'll find some more turn of the century items as the water recedes.

Happy Hunting.

HARRISON FISHER & CO
    SheffieldAt Trafalgar St. (1897-1899) and Trafalgar St, Surrey Lane, Wellington St and 9 Eyre Lane (1900-1925), Sheffield . Became Harrison Fisher & Co in 1900. The firm ceased the manufacture of electroplated wares in 1925 but continued the trade. The firm used the trade mark PELHAM PLATE
    Very Cool! I wish I could come across a cool lace like that!

us
    Jul 2008
    Maryland
    307 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Neat finds. I hope you continue to have good luck when the river goes back down.

us
    Jun 2007
    Southwest Michigan
    Made in U.S.A.
    466 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Great bunch of finds I like the silver thimble, the last one I found isn't marked but its silver, it's an open thimble and I never knew they made them till I found one.

us
    real pirate

May 2011
    NE Ohio
    Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
    200 times

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4610 times