Confederate Mothers Memorial Park Russellville. AR.

INDIANMANIAC

Jan 28, 2007
Confederate Mother's Memorial Park Russellville. AR.

WHERE: Confederate Mother's Memorial Park
1915 South Glenwood Avenue, Russellville. AR.
This city park is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a significant historic site. Three monuments dedicated to the Mothers of the Confederacy are located within the park. This area remains natural and undeveloped.
FIND: PARTIAL BULLET OF HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE.
IDENTIFY BY PHOTOS.
...The South Will Rise Again..., Just As Soon As I Dig It Up...
Identify or Comment, Thanks...

Attachments

• blt.jpg
    blt.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 168
  • bltb.jpg
    bltb.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 493
  • bltd.jpg
    bltd.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 232
  • CONF CAMPa.jpg
    CONF CAMPa.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 178
  • CONF CAMP.jpg
    CONF CAMP.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll need to post as precise of a measurement of the diameter as you can. I'm looking at it and guessing based on that tape measure and the deformation that what you have is a fairly modern .44 or .45 hollowpoint slug.

OP
OP
I

INDIANMANIAC

Jan 28, 2007
You'll need to post as precise of a measurement of the diameter as you can. I'm looking at it and guessing based on that tape measure and the deformation that what you have is a fairly modern .44 or .45 hollowpoint slug.
It is exactly 1/4" inner diameter & 3/8" outer diameter. Also from the decay it looks like it was in the ground since the early 1900's or so, Definitely not had that corrosion in recent years. I seen a lot of late 1800's Indian Head pennies & things of the sort that have similar corrosion, Modern things usually are not corroded, or just barely have a haze or discoloration to them. But all opinions are respected & are nice to ponder upon. Thanks!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well from what I know Whitworths were .45 cal which would would be more closely to 7/16ths of an inch..... if it's 3/8ths outside diameter that would put it more in the .38 cal range. That means my guess from the pic is off a bit. The reason I say hollow point is the scalloped edge where it expanded, I would expect that edge in a hollowpoint more than I would from a solid point bullet. Also, the patina (and this could just be the pic) seems a bit less than I would expect from a CW bullet. I don't know your soil conditions, but I'd expect it to be whiter, add to that there were no battles in or near Russelville during the Civil War, and that makes it more unlikely that you have a CW bullet.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread