Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I've gotten a bit behind on posting, so this is catch-up. :) We've been dealing with a few different factors all closing in on us. First, teaming up with another friend to work on a detecting project has pulled us away from our Field of Dreams. Second, the season is almost over and the sugar cane is growing tall. Third, the heat has started to become an issue, and so the season is drawing to an end. But at any rate, here are my finds. First off, let me say that wherever the Canefield Bandits go, we are well prepared. :thumbsup:

1.jpg

The last hunt at the Field of Dreams turned up a few keepers that were obtained by slowly making our way through a really trashy area. We had finished the grid, and prospects looked bleak for finding Colonial goodies or digging Spanish Silver #12 for the Spring. :( We did OK. Here were my finds:

0.jpg

Then we took a detour and explored a new spot where I dug some Seriously overbuilt combs :D, an old Catholic medallion, and a button made out of an abalone shell. :)

2.jpg

The next hunt we explored a Civil War site on an old plantation property and came back with several dropped bullets each. Shane dug the find of the hunt, but I'll let him post that one. ;)

3.jpg

The fork pictured above is solid silver. The handle I couldn't manage to find (probably plowed to the bottom). I like the porcelain marble and strange pendant. Here is a close-up of the fork:

3A.jpg

Then today we managed to make another trip to the Field of Dreams and found that the farmers had re-cut the ditches between the rows. We jumped right in and found some targets that had been too deep to detect before. We both managed to nab a few keepers, which is great news in a spot that we have totally gridded every square inch of over the course of 25 or so hunts this Spring (the area is a quarter mile wide and three quarters of a mile long). Added more pipe stems to the jar, but no coveted trade bead this time. And of course, Spanish #12 eluded us. It's there though, just waiting to be brought up by the plow--and I have a strong hunch that #12 won't be the last to come from this incredible field. Here are my finds from today:

4.jpg

Best Wishes and Happy Hunting,

The Canefield Bandits

Cane Field Bandits cropped.jpg

Upvote 1

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BB, they sure smoked a lot in the field of dreams. That a good hunt for this time of year. Hopefully, they will turn that field. When they do, you will be very surprised as to what you and Shane (and Anthony) find. Dman and I are looking forward to trying our luck there this Winter and eating a ton of gumbo. Thanks for the call and hunt report last night. That's an amazing site. HH, Quindy.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Buck :thumbsup: does the fork have a hallmark, and did you ID the date and maker. Be nice to see a close up if it has one.:thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Buck :thumbsup: does the fork have a hallmark, and did you ID the date and maker. Be nice to see a close up if it has one.:thumbsup:

SS

Yes it does have a hallmark, but it's quite tough to read. I can see an anchor and a rampant lion, but can't make out the first hallmark. :(

Best Wishes,

Buckles

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good bunch of machines and relics .. great pictures! :notworthy:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Striking group of finds. :hello2: Love all the relics. Congrats on some nice hunts!

Excellent pics, too.

HH

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice arsenal you boys have there.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The fork is super sweet, love to see that one whole. Good luck finding the other part after the field is shuffled again next season...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for you kind replies. I am hoping to head back one last time or two to the field of dreams. Gotta take advantage of those new trenches through the field before the cane grows together.

Cheers,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread