Recent Findz

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posting my recent finds made over the past three-four trips out.
Each trip was about 45 mins to and hour and a half or so...maybe a bit more, so probably about 3 to 3 and a half hours total and about 4 different places.
Of noteworthy mention is the 1941 Merc and the severely encrusted 1891 Indian Head.
I believe the indian head was in ball diamond sand and then emptied out to another section of the ballpark that was and is not used much for anything.
I found it in about 4-5 inches of soil and thought it was a button at first (as it is so encased in sand). Have had it soaking in olive oil and not doing much so far to rid the debris.
Also, a 1917 wheat that I rustled out a local park also down about 4-5". It was IFFY and between some trash for sure, so a bit hard to hear if one was using too big a coil for the area.
And, a token. I get excited when I find these, because I don't find many at all. It is a Calvin Coolidge 50th President Token. I do not know much about it. It came in as a solid penny/dime
reading and did not know what to make of it at first. I love to find them, but have not found any real oldies yet.
Of course I got the matchbox car--can't have a hunt without one of those--that is par for the course.
Did find a an old milk bottle lid from Derrick's Dairy. I found one of these a few weeks ago, but threw it out as there was no writing on it. But, definitely was one and definitely one that was alot older than this.
(It's weird how you start finding more of the same stuff after never having found one before).
Some clad too, some whatzit's, Winchester repeater primer. Had another wheat but I must have thrown it in another pile somewhere.

Still looking for that half dollar---hence the Kenmore roundie and the others (man, you do not even want to see the junk pile). :tongue3:

So good to get out in the nice weather...Finally!

Attachments

• May162012a.jpg
    May162012a.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5162012a.jpg
    5162012a.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread