Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday evening I went to the normal weekly bike night I go too and a guy that goes there regularly said I ought to detect his uncles property where his house burned down, I said heck yeah I'll go so this morning I packed up the MXT for him to use along with my V3i. My brother also went along. I've know his uncle since soon after I got out of the service (we use to ride motorcycles together). I did talk to Brian (the guy that owns the property) Tuesday night also and he personally told me I could hunt his property anytime, well come to find out his grandfather built the place way back in the late 20's with his dad and Brian is right around 65 years old right now, him and his wife are traveling right now and they were in New Mexico. Next time I hunt the place will be this fall when all the brush is down or early in the spring cause it was like a jungle back there. I wish I had brought along my camera cause you wouldn't believe some of the stuff on the property, there is an old moped (shaft drive) just laying on it's side back there just like one that American pickers went nuts over.

I sure did have a big ole grin on my face when I dug the seated dime, they don't come often enough here in Michigan. It was about 6 inches down back all the way on his property right next to a stream which was about the only place you could get your coil to the soil cause it's so overgrown. I found the marble up by where his house was before it burned down several years back.

may17.1.jpg

This old seated is a common date and quite worn but I'll take something like this anytime ;D

may17.2.jpg

Upvote 1

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Seated silver !

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer find. Love those seated coins! HH

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take 1800's silver anytime too.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh that's a nice dime for sure. Love the tab too.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What is the date on the penny? Sure is strange how we find marbels when we dig a hole!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice seated. I've seen one of those key fobs before. isn't there something on the other side?

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! What is the metal thing with the blade on it? A scraper? Skinner?

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see the other side of the fob/medallion here and the object on the right is what the very first pulltabs looked like that were made from 1962-1964. The wheat is a 1956.

stuff.jpg

thanks for all the great replies everyone ;D http://www.rustycans.com/HISTORY/zips.html

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread